Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hard-wire their radar detector in their C-Class? I want to hard-wire my V1 but am not sure what to connect it to. I'm thinking of tapping one of the fueses in the driver-side fuse box. Any suggestions?<p>c1815457-a.mntp1.il.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't user cigar lighter. That's a lame<br> shortcut. Get a snap-on fuse clip and install<br> it in one of few unoccupied places on the<br> drivers side box. I did that for my <br> radar detector as well as audio system and<br> other things. Elegant, clean and efficient<br> (available power capacity of this power rail exceeds 50A so there's no need to worry about<br> overloading even with huge loads as power amps).<br> <p>pschp-227.man.polbox.pl

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: unoccupied places on the driver side box

Are any of these empty fuse slots (or any<br> of the occupied ones for that matter) switched?<br> I.e. they are only 'hot' when the ignition is in the 'on' position? I've heard that they are<br> all always hot and only some fuse slots in<br> the trunk fuse box are switched.<br> <br> When you turn the ignition off on your setup, is your radar detector still on? I'd like to hook mine up to a switched source so I don't have to remember to turn the radar detector off all of the time.<br> <br> Thanks,<br> Alan<p>c1815457-a.mntp1.il.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

They are all-time hot. There is switched power<br> supply (after-ignition) to be found on the<br> fuse box that is located on the driver's side<br> but under the hood. I did that different way,<br> however. My radar unit utilizes 'wake-up' signal<br> similar to this used in power amps (you supply<br> continuous +12v to it and you actually turn it<br> on by supplying control +12v to another lead)<br> so i've connected this control voltage to the<br> main light switch - 'constant on' position.<br> So my radar detector turns on when lights are<br> turned manually. 'auto' position does not affect<br> it so in the night i can set lights to 'auto'<br> instead of 'on' if there's a cop looking thru<br> the window;)<br> <p>pschp-227.man.polbox.pl

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Well I ended up wiring my radar detect all the way to the rear (trunk) fuse box. I found <br> that on my 2002 C32, fuse slot #7 was switched, so its now working the way I wanted it to.<p>c1815457-a.mntp1.il.home.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts