Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in the local CAR magazine yesterday that the W203 will get a minor face lift in mid 2004.

The article is a bit vague about what exactly will change. It did mention that the front lights will now have clear lenses (I doubt if it will be Xenon lights though; it is likely to remain an option) and the rear lights' layout will change. The shape of the front lights will also be slightly different. There will also be slight changes to the side panels.

It also mentioned that the interior will change slightly (no details given) to have a more modern look.

V6 engines will be upgraded and C32 AMG will be replaced with a monster C55 AMG.

This is no doubt in response to the new BMW 3-Series due for launch in 2005.

If anybody has more info or pictures, please let me know.

The article also has photos of the new SLK and S-class. Looks like Merc is going to give Chris Bangle some sleepless nights...

Thanks,

Johann

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
I think you can download a brochure thru

internet. the wiper also has change like the E class its a flimsy rubber no metal backing.

C class sport has a big brake, and staggered rims 225 tire on front and 245 on back like the C32 also the tail pipe is look like the C coupe.

here is the brake look like as well as the rims has changed:

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Re: I think you can download a brochure thru

internet. the wiper also has change like the E class its a flimsy rubber no metal backing.

C class sport has a big brake, and staggered rims 225 tire on front and 245 on back like the C32 also the tail pipe is look like the C coupe.

here is the brake look like as well as the rims has changed:
damn for those who owned the car in 2003-2004 they were really2 lucky, it comes with big brakes similar with c32's and fake lorinser wannabe for 17 or 16 inch perhaps:)

·
Registered
'05 330i ZHP
1,036 Posts
The only noticable difference in the rear lights is that the diagonal stripe between the two clear ones is removed.

·
Registered
W203C200 Kompressor
5 Posts
http://c-klasse.mercedes-galerie.de/w203news_e.htm#012

In the beginning of 2004 all C class variants (saloon, estate and Sportcoupé) will be facelifted. The cars will have new front and rear look. The front headlamps will be made from clear glass. Moreover the rear lights will be completely new, made in brillant optics. In order to increase the impression of quality there will be new seats, perforated dressing, switches and instruments. The cockpit will be very similar to this in W211, C209 models. The automatic climate control will be standard equipment also in 4-cylinder models. New features will be active cornering headlamps and DVD-Comand System. C class will have modified front bumper from CLK. E class and C class will share the same aprons in Avantgarde lines. It turned out that during test drives the vehicles with higher speed were on the way. They were hardly hearable with new V6 engines (M272) with new 7-speed automatic transmission. 7-G Tronic will be offered with 400 Nm version, which is planned for 5-cylinder and 6-cylinder models. 8-Cylinder models have 700 Nm version. Something about the engines: 2,5 Litres with 190 hp and 250 Nm; 3,0 Litres with 231 hp and 300 Nm and finally topversion with 3,5 Litres 258 hp und 350 Nm. V6 engines will debut during 2004. They will be offered with 7G-Tronic.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts