Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes SL350 2009
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone found a stubby aerial yet that works in the UK properly on these SLK350 R171's?

·
Registered
SLK200 Auto (171)
186 Posts
I am still awaiting nervously for the "Original Brabus Antenna" to arrive - which was supposedly posted this week. I will let you know, even though i will be publically broadcasting my stupidity of spending £100 of a dude antenna I expect! [xx(]

·
Registered
SLK350 / TT Sold
18 Posts
Hello,

Just came back from picking my new SLK 350 from the dealer tonight. I asked him about the aerial and actualy got an answer that makes sense. The aerial in the SLK is used for pretty much everything (radio, key, phone, etc.).
It's not the same in the SL. So the top part could be swapped for the one from the SL but not everything would work fine (which is what most who tried experienced). Now they can do the SL aerial installation, but they have to swap the base and some of the inside equipment as well. And then you have an SL aerial with everything working. I did not ask about the price ... somehow I don't find the long one too annoying on a black car ...
And I'm soooo amazed by the car at this point ...
anyways ...

[:D]

-Mikael

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
mikael.fr - 2/18/2005 3:30 PM
And I'm soooo amazed by the car at this point ...
anyways ...
[:D]
-Mikael
Mikael:
Congratulations! ...now you can update that signature and drop the "expected" ...enjoy...[:D]

·
Registered
SLK350 / TT Sold
18 Posts
Done. But I won't stop smiling ... at least not for a little while [:D][:D]

-Mikael

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
I wouldn't expect that smile to go for a loooong time.....mine is there since the 10/1 Euro pickup and now with 5800 miles...[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
SLK350
1,410 Posts
mrdeli - 2/18/2005 2:33 PM

I am still awaiting nervously for the "Original Brabus Antenna" to arrive - which was supposedly posted this week. I will let you know, even though i will be publically broadcasting my stupidity of spending £100 of a dude antenna I expect! [xx(]
Someone has posted over on Torstens board that he has had the brabus Antenna install and that all is good!!!! (he paid 389 euros - 200 euros for the parts, rest i assume for fitting)

i get the impression that it wasnt simply a screw on replacement as he suggests his car was in the shop for 3 hours! my german is not so good so i could be wrong!

·
Registered
SLK200 Auto (171)
186 Posts
Oh well i guess all i can do is cross my fingers.

We'll know next week anyway!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts