1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
S320, Q45 & LexSC250
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted Diameter 18 x 9.5" wide rims on their W140s? [?]
Was going to use 265mm wide rubber.

I am about to purchase a set as my factory threads are getting thin.

Don't anticipate any problems for the non-steering rear wheels but am a little concerned about possible scrub on the inner guards of the front steering wheels.
If so what offsets are applicable?
The set i am looking at is presently "blank". i.e. no PCD and holes bored yet but that is left to the supplier.
Already have deep dish 9.5" and 10" sets on my Infiniti and Lexus so its only fair that the "Kingmaker" Merc finally gets a new pair of shoes too... before it feels like the ugly sister...
[:D]

Regards
CVS

·
Registered
S600L
541 Posts
Just fitted this size in AMG 2's on mine (front and rear).The only thing was the main dealers had to put 3x washers on the tiny bump stops for the steering on the lower wishbone.This was because the were scrubbing when the wheel was on full lock,it's OK now though!The tyre size I fitted is 255/45/18's and I can detect no difference in ride comfort than when it had the factory 16's fitted[:D]Makes the car's appearence totally different[:0]

·
Registered
2016 CLS350
1,148 Posts
Not exactly those sizes no but if it helps this is what I have had on mine, (1996 CL500).
8.5J x 18 with 255/45R18 conti sport contacts. This was a dealer fitted option and there were obviously zero issues with it.
I changed the for 9.5J x 19 AMG's with a 46mm offset and 275/35R19 Bridgestone RE050 on the rear and Michelin Pilot sport 2 on the front of the same size. Zero hassle on the front and the ony time the rear scrubs is when the car is loaded right down-I mean kinda like two people in the back and a full tank of gas, and some bumpy roads to test the suspension travel.
Hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts