Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have on order a new GL350 diesel. It is with the upgraded engine delivering the increased power of 265hp (195kw) and 620 nm of torque. I have to wait until late April (Australia delivery). Very keen to hear from anyone who has a driving experience of this engine. Many thanks.

·
Registered
2010 GL350CDI Luxury
64 Posts
You lucky bugger, mate!

The waiting is excruciating I know - and I only had to wait a couple of weeks...

I looking forward to the day that you will be giving us your impressions of the vehicle :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey macab
Congrates on your purchase,
Lookin forward to hear what you think of your new GL
THE ONE WITH MORE GRUNT!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Does it get worse gas milage than the current GL350? The gearing could definately be taller in 7th gear to get better gas milage, maybe that could help offset the bigger engine if they changed the gearing. Is it more expensive? Is this the only GL350 or are they offering the one with less horsepower (better gas milage) and the one with higher horsepower also?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all, yep! Can't wait to drive it. The wait is a killer.

Re the fuel consumption it looks like the magicians have been able to do the usual -more power/less fuel. From playing around on overseas sites it looks like the new engine gets 8.9-9.0 L/100 against the current 9.5/6. Not sure how reliable that is as a direct comparison and I won't know until I get the actual specs, but it does look promising. Then again those type of figures depend heavily on your right foot...
Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Almost there- collect the car this week

It's been a long wait but the car is ready later this week. Just getting the tow pack fitted. Can't wait for the drive and will post some pics when I can. I've gone for the black/grey interior which you don't see often.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I have on order a new GL350 diesel. It is with the upgraded engine delivering the increased power of 265hp (195kw) and 620 nm of torque. I have to wait until late April (Australia delivery). Very keen to hear from anyone who has a driving experience of this engine. Many thanks.
hi
congrats. we have got ours just a month ago. its a pleasure to have it . everyone appreciates it. good power engine. runs very smoothly.. we are so delighted to have it......you'll love it....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts