Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have to nudge the door to lock it after using the remote key fob to lock my doors because it pops open about an 1 inch.

When I use the key fob to unlock the door I have to use the interior door handle to unlock this door. The exterior handle moves fine ,but it seems the door lock & the door contact (which is mounted on the door frame) are stuck preventing me from using the exterior handle.

Anyone experience this Door Lock problem after replacing the Acutator?

How do I fix this issue?

·
Premium Member
16,769 Posts
Before you ruin what you have newly installed, I would retrace the steps you have taken and start from scratch. Obviously the ouside actuator arm (inside the door) is not positioned properly. Also, it is required that rivets be used, which calls for a large two handed rivet gun.

Here is something to help you along.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w163-m-class/1245878-replacing-front-door-lock-actuator-machine.html

Could you please update your profile in USER CP to include the year and model of your truck.

·
Registered
904 Posts
It would help if you would fill in your vehicle year and model and where it was located. Instructions were given to you when you joined.

The "lock", well, isn't a lock. It just disconnects the handles from the open rod. The only thing that could be related to the work that you did is if the opening rod was not connected correctly. You'll need to open things up again and make sure that it is all connected properly. This is just a guess but you mave the open rod pulled up too far and so it never properly latches.

If everything looks fine pull everything off again and try shutting the door and seeing if it latches correctly with nothing attached. You can open it from the outside just by grabbing the rod and pulling upwards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts