Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 108 cdi
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone ,

got a 108 cdi 2002 and am just about to get new lowering springs fitted. Got a bit of a judder on the front which i have been told is the anti rollbar bushes. Is this a job that can be done pretty easily along with the springs , and am i best going for genuine merc replacement bushes or something more uprated ???

ps is my uneven tyre wear the result of these worn bushes ???

Can anyone help ???

·
Registered
2000 Vito 108 cdi
91 Posts
I had anti roll bar links replaced last august, took my mechainic less than an hour to do the job, lots of yapping going on, might not take that long normally.
Dont imaging the bushes would take too long and as you would be removing bolts to add springs it probably wouldnt be much more work anyway. Not sure about whether only merc parts were used as he got them for me.
Regarding tyre wear, I had uneven tyre wear also, most noticable on the inside left.

·
Registered
110CDi Vito
79 Posts
I am doing mine all being well this next week or two. Ordered anti roll bar bushes and the roll bar links and bushes from a motor factors. Cost ? £40 all in. :thumbsup:

The roll bar arm/links are the upright short bar behind the shock absorber. The bushes in these wear quite badly and also give a knocking noise on uneven road surfaces.

If you're going to be replacing the anti roll bar ones you may as well do the link bars for extra piece of mind. :thumbsup:

Also, whilst your under the wheel arch, check your flexible brake hoses. I had one explode last week at the MOT test whilst being pressed. Result - no brakes hardly and a very messy wheel arch. I tow a large 4x4 on a trailer a fair bit so bloody chuffed it didn't go whilst towing! Check for cracks in the pipe. If they are cracked, replace them. Easy and cheap job. £10 from our local trade motor factors. 14mm and a 11mm spanner is all that's needed then a 9mm spanner to bleed the brakes back up again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts