Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ML320
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing an interior upgrade (as I posted earlier). I will post photos of the results when I'm done. I went to install the leather front bucket. Install went great, right in. The power hookup pluged right in. I checked which sections of this 14 section plug had connectors and they all matched perfect between the harness in my car and the plug from the bucket seat. Still, I check and no movement!! :( So, I'm thinking, what could it be, then I get an idea. I pop off the fuse box cover and sure enough, I don't have the relay or the fuses for the seats. There is a location for them and a place for them to be installed. (I've attached a photo of the box, the seat relay and fuses are in position 1 on the left). Do you think if I get the relay and fuses they'll work or do I have other changes I'm going to need to make??? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
00 ML320, 01 M3
243 Posts
I upgraded the manual seats to power seats. It was plug and play, no issues. This is on a 2000 ML320.

·
Registered
2002 ML320
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll know tonight. I have to pick up the relay socket, relay, and fuses today and then we'll see. I also just found out the seats are heated!!! So I have to figure out how to get that feature to work.

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.6,.... 1998 ML320, 2005 ML500SE
3,104 Posts
I also just found out the seats are heated!!! So I have to figure out how to get that feature to work.
Your going to love those heated seats in another couple of months. Other than the dash switches I don't know what else you will need -- good luck, hopefully all the wiring will be there.
Mike

·
Registered
2002 ML320
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your going to love those heated seats in another couple of months. Other than the dash switches I don't know what else you will need -- good luck, hopefully all the wiring will be there.
Mike
In 2002 I read they went to one master warness so I should be okay. I just picked up the relay and socket at the dealer and will install it tonight. The heated feature uses the same relay as the power so all i should need is a switch. I need to get the wood trim off of the front and the hookup should be there. Then I just need add two new holes to the trim. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
272 Posts
2002 ML 320

I have manual seats I want to convert to power seats. Please advice of if I add the fuse and relay does a dealership service dept. have to re program ?

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
272 Posts
To jpinto please give me the part numbers of the fuse box modifications that you did in order to make the power seats work I have a client that wants to modify a 02 ML 320 from manual to power I've already located the seats from a wrecking yard in very good condition

·
Premium Member
2000 ML55 sold? 2013 ML500,? 2015 C250 estate wagon, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
4,980 Posts
When you get the seats make sure they give you the fuse and relay holder out of the footwell fuse box. They are easily removable. Then you can plug them straight into the fuse/relay holder.

·
Premium Member
2000 ML55 sold? 2013 ML500,? 2015 C250 estate wagon, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
4,980 Posts

·
Registered
'02 ML500. 22A292576
232 Posts
Programming should not be needed.

Which brings up a question I've had for a bit: What, if any, mods need ECU flashes in order to work? So far in my limited experience there have been none. When I added the towing package and fog lights to my '99, both were plug and play.

My 2008 Smart Cabrio needed a flash for the fog light add on, but neither the clock or the tach required it. Same with the Cruise Control, if I ever get around to adding it. Seemed funny to me that the fog lights would need it but not the tach.

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,221 Posts
Keep the seats simple. I am not sure, but going with non memory power seats would be the easiest.

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes Benz ML320
79 Posts
My email is [email protected]
Please contact me I have questions about the seat swap on your ML
I have begun the swap and the seats are installed but no power to the seats
I am thinking I will need to swap out the relay/fuse panel with one from a 2002 ML 320 “Sport” model with power seats
Your advice would be appreciated

Joe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts