Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
05 SLK 350, 06 Audi A6 4.2
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am considering buying a car from Bruce and he specified that he had sold quite a few cars to members of this forum. I have searched the forum and found some good feedback about him. I would be particularly interested if someone had bought a car from him costing in the 50K range.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
84 500SEL AMG, 90 560SEC AMG, 85 500SEC AMG Widebody
1,808 Posts
Bruce has nothing but high praise from all who have done business with him.

Al

·
Registered
1966 250SE Cab, 1989 500SEL euro
3,570 Posts
I've been around this forum for many years - Bruce's reputation is excellent. I've never bought a car from him, but I know that I would do so without reservation.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Rest assured, you'd be buying one hell of a car from him.
true he does find gems, but you definitely pay for them. that's just my opinion off a 500slc he was selling(might still be selling?) idk it was posted on ebay like 10 different times in 8 months. the buy it now price rose too which made no sense...

·
Registered
Two '87 570SECs, one '87 560SEL
4,467 Posts
I know a couple of folks that have purchased a car from Bruce and both were very pleased. The cars were in excellent condition, exactly as stated, and Bruce was marvelous to deal with.

You'll pay more than for a car off Craigslist but it very much is "you get what you pay for", and worth it.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Bruce sells wonderful cars and stands behind them. So very much NOT your standard used car salesman.

As for the SLC, find another one like it.. non-federalized 500SLC w/ a full AMG cosmetic/handling package. Having driven that car I can say w/ certainty it's a Damn Nice one!!!

Jonathan

·
Registered
1990 560 SEL with Euro engine, 1998 SL500 Sport
2,957 Posts
I personally purchased a coupe from Bruce, although it wasn't a high-dollar version, all things considered (mechanically), it was perhaps the "best-value" car purchase I ever made... until some A-hole totaled it.

IMO, you would get the most for your money from Bruce considering he knows what to look for, knows where to look for them, and won't sell you something that isn't as described.

I would buy a car from him in a heat beat sight unseen. That's how trustworthy he is

·
Registered
05 SLK 350, 06 Audi A6 4.2
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the feedback. Buying from Bruce is a bit different than what I am used to so this is comforting to see that his reputation is very good.

·
Registered
1990 420SEL
138 Posts
I reached out to Bruce when I was buying a Volvo for my niece. I'm in TX and he basically told me in my particular situation (shipping & very common car), I could get a better deal buying local. I was a cash buyer ready to roll, and Bruce showed pure integrity instead of just making a few bucks. I'm also an Audi follower, and I assure you Bruce is very well respected in the Audi community as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts