Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1996 G320 LWB
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. My 1996 G320 has the 16" factory wheels (see pic), and I'd like to find somebody out there who has the 18" wheels from a 2002+ gwagen (AMG or the regular OEM wheels, either is fine) who would like to swap in order to mount up AT or Mud type tires.

I have a full set of five wheels, in great shape. The four wheels on the ground have Michelin LTX M&S tires 265/75-16 size, three of which have about 50% tread left and one is brand new ( less than 1k miles). The spare has a 285/75-16 Dakota AT tire. My plan was to replace the Michelins with 285/75-16 tires also next year.

When I say swap, I mean straight up, five wheels for five wheels, no money exchanged, I ship mine to you, you ship yours to me, each side pays for their own shipping costs. Any takers?

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 MB G500 Black
1,175 Posts
That's a great deal!! Man, where the hell were you when i needed 16" rims?!! I had to pay over $2200 for my 5 rims.:(

Good luck and FOLKS THIS IS A GREAT DEAL FOR ANYONE LOOKING FOR 16" RIMS.

What are you plans with the 18" rims??

·
Registered
1996 G320 LWB
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Thai! I guess you'd say I'm looking for the best of both worlds so to speak. I like the look of the 18's, and there are a few tire companies that make aggresive AT tires for that rim size now (although not cheap), so I thought I'd make the switch.

·
Registered
2004 MB G500 Black
1,175 Posts
ez rhino said:
Hey Thai! I guess you'd say I'm looking for the best of both worlds so to speak. I like the look of the 18's, and there are a few tire companies that make aggresive AT tires for that rim size now (although not cheap), so I thought I'd make the switch.
Can't argue with you...the 16" rims look boring. I do like the 18" rims look better. What AT tires are you looking at?? Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor?? I have read a lot of good things about this tire.

·
Registered
1967 250SE (German market coupe, 4sp sunroof), 2000 Europa G500 (early model)
56 Posts
Darn! Would have gladly done this a few weeks ago... already off in a nonreversable direction...

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts