Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to try a new intake setup and it involves new headlights. Anyone wanna get rid of their black projector headlights? Cheese grater or halo, doesn't matter. I dont really like either lol

·
Registered
482 Posts
I am going to try a new intake setup and it involves new headlights. Anyone wanna get rid of their black projector headlights? Cheese grater or halo, doesn't matter. I dont really like either lol

I know what you're doing....sounds like fun. Post pics when you're done.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Are you cutting out the inner hi beams leaving two empty holes for the intake? If so thats a hot idea.

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you cutting out the inner hi beams leaving two empty holes for the intake? If so thats a hot idea.
I am cutting out the inner portion of the headlights where the city lights are and making them into intakes. The inlets are just wayyyy too small on the stock car and it is covered by teh hood when shut. Shold make some good power. I want the black headlights so it can hide the hole better. I will probably just end up ordering a new one since it doesnt seem like anyone wants to get rid of one. I will post end pics and results.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I am cutting out the inner portion of the headlights where the city lights are and making them into intakes. The inlets are just wayyyy too small on the stock car and it is covered by teh hood when shut. Shold make some good power. I want the black headlights so it can hide the hole better. I will probably just end up ordering a new one since it doesnt seem like anyone wants to get rid of one. I will post end pics and results.
This is exactly what I thot you wer doing:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is exactly what I thot you wer doing:thumbsup:
Smart man!
you better post pics when thats done lol. good luck :)
I will, thanks.
How do u plan to cover the holes? So rain/water and other things that shouldn't be in your engine are not?
A mesh screen. Dont forget that the airfilters are still in place and would not allow anything to get through them. I will just need to clean them more often. In terms of rain, I dont drive my car in the rain unless I absolutely have to. I seriously doubt the rain would get all the way up the intake, through the filters, and into the motor. As a precautionary measure I may drill a small hole in the bottom of the intake runner for water to come out. I will be doing more research on this. People run this type of intake on other types of cars without problems

·
Registered
36 Posts
so you just doing custom pipeing into those light holes...where are you taping into? The pipes that are already there or just new pipes from the intakebox?

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so you just doing custom pipeing into those light holes...where are you taping into? The pipes that are already there or just new pipes from the intakebox?
I am currently running a modified W211 E55 airbox and thats where the intake runners will connect

1 - 12 of 12 Posts