1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yes I've seen that before. I guess you COULD order the parts and do it your self, but I would want the work to be done properly by the Koenig guys. That would be some hefty shipping charges...to Europe and back.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Link be not working for me. latley I get this "http://guide.opendns.com/?url=www.koenig-specials.com&servfail" What the hell is this crap!?

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Yes you could. The only line they drop is Jaguar.I dont think they did well with it at all.If you get the body parts,any good body shop can install them.As they did here in the 80-s.AMG and Koenig was installed at the same shop.As for the one or two I seen,was not the best or more like complete. One is with an original suspension set up so the car looks very tall.When you look at this cars the body is just one of the component. If nothing else it would need to follow by the suspension and the period correct rims.If you add that all up,you can buy a new car!And then of course the twin-turbo or some engine modification and interior changes.To get them all in a Benz is very-very rear.I have never seen one but my love for this cars is about 3 years going so it is possible that some out there.As much as I love Koenig ,never ever would start from zero.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you could. The only line they drop is Jaguar.I dont think they did well with it at all.If you get the body parts,any good body shop can install them.As they did here in the 80-s.AMG and Koenig was installed at the same shop.As for the one or two I seen,was not the best or more like complete. One is with an original suspension set up so the car looks very tall.When you look at this cars the body is just one of the component. If nothing else it would need to follow by the suspension and the period correct rims.If you add that all up,you can buy a new car!And then of course the twin-turbo or some engine modification and interior changes.To get them all in a Benz is very-very rear.I have never seen one but my love for this cars is about 3 years going so it is possible that some out there.As much as I love Koenig ,never ever would start from zero.
Well, to make the car look exactly like a Koenig it's understandably expensive. I just thought it was interesting that "real" conversions for these cars was readily available, even at such a price. I suppose one could always dream.
Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
"Well, to make the car look exactly like a Koenig it's understandably expensive. I just thought it was interesting that "real" conversions for these cars was readily available, even at such a price. I suppose one could always dream."
Yes it is,most of the 80-s big names are long gone.I love the fact that I can call and order from the same guys after 20-25 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts