Belt tensioner (twice)
Water pump
Fan clutch
Valve gasket
Expansion Tank
Lower Radiator Hose
Rear driver's control arm
Repainted
Of course, I've also the fuel and transmission filter replaced.

What's left:
1) Heater core
2) Some dents taken out
3) Replace center console wood
4) Replace 4 Window regulators (parts for this, just don't have the time)
5) Replace the hood panel
6) Replace the antenna
7) Replace lower panel trim
8) Replace transmission bushings
9) Injection sensor wiring

I'm going to try and do the windows myself; the mechanic estimates that it would be about $1500 for the bushings, sensor wiring and heater core.

I'm thinking of finding a better condition 190e for $2500-$3000 and selling mine for $1,000 to $1,500. What do people think?

·
Registered
'87--190E 2.3-16v(being rebuilt), '99--C230 Kompressor
3,479 Posts
depends on what you want more...a auto or a stick...the 2.3 5spd is a treasure to be had though...not many left

·
Registered
1992 190E 2.3L
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the problem is he's asking too much...

I saw it a few months ago for $3800...I think the issue is that he is that the price is too high. Anyway, this weekend I've cleared everything to do the 4 window regulators that are sitting in my trunk....

I am a bit attached to my car...but I'm starting to feel the cumulative fatigue of it being six months, lots of $$ and it not working....it is getting better. The transmission filter and new control arm really changed it for the better....it feels more solid and shifts more smoothly.

·
Registered
190E 2.6 5spd
372 Posts
depends on what you want more...a auto or a stick...the 2.3 5spd is a treasure to be had though...not many left
How fun are the 2.3 8v in manual anyway? I have a 2.6 but I need to change the car and want another manual... I see more 2.3 manuals than I see 2.6, so yeah.

·
Registered
1991 190e 2.6 automatic
760 Posts
How fun are the 2.3 8v in manual anyway? I have a 2.6 but I need to change the car and want another manual... I see more 2.3 manuals than I see 2.6, so yeah.
i just test drove one today in toronto by a guy who was seeling it for 1000. I was gonna buy it and then put my 2.6 in the garage and fix my oil leak. Turns out this car had many more problems than mine and would cost me more to fix than mine. The engine was good working condition though and the tranny was a 5 speed. It felt pretty quiick although i only drove it from 1st to 2nd gear in the parking lot heheh. It's pretty fun i'd say. Was gonna pick it up but i have no money to fix 2 cars as i wanted to put my 2.6 auto into the 2.3 and the 2.3 manual into the 2.6 auto. Then sell the 2.3 with the auto but i can't sell it when half the thigns are not working in the console.

·
Registered
190E 2.6 5spd
372 Posts
i just test drove one today in toronto by a guy who was seeling it for 1000. I was gonna buy it and then put my 2.6 in the garage and fix my oil leak. Turns out this car had many more problems than mine and would cost me more to fix than mine. The engine was good working condition though and the tranny was a 5 speed. It felt pretty quiick although i only drove it from 1st to 2nd gear in the parking lot heheh. It's pretty fun i'd say. Was gonna pick it up but i have no money to fix 2 cars as i wanted to put my 2.6 auto into the 2.3 and the 2.3 manual into the 2.6 auto. Then sell the 2.3 with the auto but i can't sell it when half the thigns are not working in the console.
Yeah, I saw this one for sale but TO is a bit far away from me. I already have the 5 speed 2.6... very fun car, thus why I don't want to let mine go :p
But my body is gone and the engine is having quite some issues. I want to find another but they're sooo hard to find! Is the 2.3 really any fun? More than the 2.6 auto?
I'll go for a test drive when I find one locally but I just wanted to know, might give me a better idea if it's a worthwhile option for me.

·
Registered
1991 190e 2.6 automatic
760 Posts
Yeah, I saw this one for sale but TO is a bit far away from me. I already have the 5 speed 2.6... very fun car, thus why I don't want to let mine go :p
But my body is gone and the engine is having quite some issues. I want to find another but they're sooo hard to find! Is the 2.3 really any fun? More than the 2.6 auto?
I'll go for a test drive when I find one locally but I just wanted to know, might give me a better idea if it's a worthwhile option for me.
the one i test drove seemed to be ok mechanically. Had a squeel for 2 seconds upon starting ( mayb started clutch not backing off fast ) but when it ran it was really fun to drive. The only fun thing about a 2.6 auto is stomping on the gas when you are making a slow turn but everythign else is boring. Even though it was a 8V it seemed to have some power behind it and was fun to drive in my short time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts