Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Would you want to buy a Lorinser W140 body kit from lorinser?

• Yes

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1993 400 SEL
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent an email to them the other day and the response was...maybe...if there is interest out there, they might go back and get the molds out to make us some body kits. I guess it all depends how badly we all want these kits and if we are willing to pay the OEM price.

Attachments

·
M20
4,784 Posts
This is cool. This could be a good group buy. Find out whats the minimum quantity and estimate a package price and whats included so its easier for members to decide. that way you avoid a handful of members wanting different separate things.

·
Registered
1993 400 SEL
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The production manager is out until Thursday...so I am thinking end of the week or early next week we should have a number to shoot for.

·
Registered
A Few
1,418 Posts
Is there a larger version of the price list? I dont have the best eye sight in the world, but its hard to read some of the text :surrender:

Hellooooooo 300 kph speedo :D

·
Registered
1993 400 SEL
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I made them larger and reposted...but it looks like the site shrinks the file. I have the original in PDF and it's just a tad too big to attach. I have request for a smaller PDF (take the car picture out), or a text file version...when I get those, I will repost the price list.

·
Registered
A Few
1,418 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I wouldn't be interested in the lorinser package but I do like the SL style side panel louvers. That might be something I'll do in the future.

·
Registered
1998 Mercedes Benz CL500
456 Posts
Holy Shit! Are they actually going to do this or are they on the fence? I would most certainly be interested in a muffler for sure, I already have the wheels. Did they say if the wheels were able to be reproduced as well? If so, that would be pretty cool, rare wheels getting reborn again. This would certainly give Lorinser a boost in sales, all of their new parts just don't look as good in my opinion. Keep us posted, this will be interesting.

·
Registered
S600 W140
43 Posts
i think lorinser can sell parts individually like:

body kit (front and rear bumber)
rims

but for the exhaust, it is already out of stock and they need at least 30 -40 orders to open new production line for the mufflers.

i have bought from them the front bumper and the fog lights...

i also need to buy the muffler but they told me "out of stock" :(

any help i need the lorinser mufflers for the w140 S600 1997 so badly ...!!!

·
Registered
1993 400 SEL
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We can only ask and they will either say "No way" or "Sure, and here are the conditions..."

It may turn out that the volume may far exceed our group...we can deal with it if as it comes...a few more days...

·
Registered
A Few
1,418 Posts
It may turn out that the volume may far exceed our group
Gotta spread the word! :D

Despite what Lorinser, Brabus, Carlsson, etc feels about the 140, what they dont realize is there is a market out there for 140 accessories.

How many new and existing members do we see posting all the time asking for body kits, lighting, exhaust, etc and thats just on the forums! :eek:

The sad thing is for every person that asks and looks for these items and cant find it, its a lost sale for these companies.

Even if you dont like Lorinser(z168 :p ), them considering reviving 140 stuff is good news :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1993 400 SEL
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, here is the answer from Lorisner's sales. So, it seems we all could contact him directly and ask for what we want and he will try to get it for you. For those that do go direct...please keep us all in the loop on how it went and did you get your stuff...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Lee,

just let us know in which parts you are interested in - or your colleaues at benzworld.org - it would be a pleasure for us assisting them at any time too!

Best regards,

Michael Franz

kind regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

Michael Franz
Export Sales

Sportservice Lorinser
Sportliche Autoausrüstung GmbH

Alte Bundesstraße 45
71332 Waiblingen

Telefon 07151/ 136 - 1233
Telefax 07151/ 136 - 1230
[email protected]

Lorinser
www.sportservice.lorinser.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Waiblingen,
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRA 260379
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: Lorinser GmbH Sitz der Gesellschaft: Waiblingen, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 260525

Geschäftsführer: Marcus Lorinser, Stephan Stühler

Bankverbindung: Volksbank Stuttgart e.G., BLZ 600 901 00, Konto-Nr. 403 445 000

·
Registered
1993 MBZ S600 with Lorinser kit, 1994 S500, 1981 300SD.
18 Posts
Hey gents... I know this is an old post... But I have an W140 S600, that had a full real Lorinser kit on it until the accident happened.. I need a passenger side fender cap, front bumper and fog lights. Any ideas of where I might be bales to get some? I really, really, really don't want to got to aftermarket if I don't have to. If that's all there is I guess I don't have a choice. Anyway just thought I'd see if any headway was made on this.

Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts