Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope that was a catchy title.:D

Every year at the Mobile Tech Expo, there is a dent olympics competition. Since I have hail damage, I asked if I could have my car placed in the competition. They told me I need another same make/model vehicle to go along with mine. Don't ask me why, as I thought I had more than enough dents to keep these guys busy. Anyway, if anyone is interested in getting some dents removed, then the MTE is Jan 20-21 in Orlando Fl.

For those concerned about the quality of work, you shouldn't be concerned. You are usually getting the best of the best competing in this competition. The MTE has almost turned into a national dent convention with guys coming from not only the US but from other countries as well.
Mobile Tech Expo...The Largest Recon Show for The Appearance Repair & Reconditioning Pro!

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
My mom's Camry (98) has lots of hail damage. I'd happily drive it across country if I could get it taken care of for her...do they need a Camry?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a black 1999 Mercedes E320 as seen in my profile picture. It has a couple visible dings. One bigger one on the door I am devastated about.

I live in Miami and would drive to Orlando:D

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
No help on the Camry, huh? Too bad, I'd have enjoyed the trip across the US.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a black 1999 Mercedes E320 as seen in my profile picture. It has a couple visible dings. One bigger one on the door I am devastated about.

I live in Miami and would drive to Orlando:D
I got your PM and replied.

No help on the Camry, huh? Too bad, I'd have enjoyed the trip across the US.
No offense, but I didn't ask as I am mostly concerned about my car. You would have to have another Camry to enter. Also, they probably aren't going to pull all of the dents on a hail car. I will probably only get a handful removed in the contest. Afterwards I will probably try to hit one of the dent guys up for a discount.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately this isn't going to happen. They finally gave me the rules and they want three identical cars. The thing is they want to make their own dents with a golf ball hammer. Sorry to give false hope, but they could have told me this in the beginning. It has irritated me enough that I probably skip the MTE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts