Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CLK500
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any news about the adapter, like what kind of phones we can use here in the US, and were we can buy the adapter. I have a 2004 CLK500 and i dont want to use the standard V60 phone. Thanx for your time[:)]

·
Registered
2002 C240
63 Posts
UHI in US

As I understand it, UHI adapters are only available for GSM phones right now -- Nokia, Siemens, Motorola V60i, etc.

I asked a knowledgeable Benzworld member about the UHI parts and he wrote that, "...there are quite a few teething problems, and although the parts
may be available now, I would not bother with it until it works more reliably. It appears to work only with the very latest cellphone software versions, 5.56 in Nokias is what MB recommends now, the latest versions in the COMAND, and a new controller just came out, which hasn't
been widely tested yet. The parts are not available from US dealers, only in Europe."

It sounds like you should probably wait to install UHI. When the system has been adequately debugged, you will need to order the parts from a European parts supplier. If you can get the part numbers, I can help you get the parts.

When you are ready, let me know.

Dick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts