Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Novemeber of 2004 I had a minor incident with a curb which incapacitated my front right wheel of my '93 190e. The majority of the suspension was replaced by a non-Mercedes certified shop.

In February of this year the right front wheel bearings seized up (I am told this is highly unusual). I returned the car to the shop that made the initial repairs. They of course claimed it was due to no fault of theirs. Like a moron, I had THEM do the necessary work. They also replaced the L & R side rotors/pads.

Last week the front right wheel (vague, I know) had a temper tantrum and stopped functioning properly. This time the ABS light came on. The car was towed to a different shop this time. They have replaced the spindle and hub.

Can anyone out there tell me definitively whether I can legitimately go after the first repair shop for faulty/negligent repair work and make them pay for the subsequent repairs or not? Any other advice is valued.

·
W201, W202, W203, W204, W205 Moderator
Amethyst 2001 C320
1,733 Posts
If they failed to honor a warranty, then yes. If not, you'll be hard pressed to prove that it was their fault.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts