Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CLK 430 with crap AM reception. Dealer told me some thing about German AM bands etc...<br> Said al MB had bad AM. Is he giving me the run around?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My AM is not that bad. The antenna is in the trunk...

You might want to try a booster to help the reception. I think you can get one from Radio Shack.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How to Test.

Not enough stations? Have two cars, on a parking lot, side by side. With the ignition off, do a seek test, and count the stations found, rating them as good, medium (with some noise) and poor (can't follow the program).<br>
If your radio gets only 85% of the good and medium stations of the other one, the antenna or the radio may be faulty. <br>
<br>
Noisy reception? Repeat test from above with the engine running.<br>
If your radio was ok in the first test but now lost many stations in the good and medium category there might be noise problems coming from;<br>
Loose connection on the antenna amp in the A-pillar <br>
or a loose antenna connection on the radios antenna connector,<br>
or noise created by faulty spark plugs/cables, alternator or many other engine components your mechanic may recognize when he hooks up a scope the the car.<br>
To fix loose connections, just pull the connector off and plug it back in, making sure there is a firm fit.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Any way to increase AM - FM radio reception?

Ask dealer - I know that there is actually a built-in adjustable amplifier that the dealer tried monkey-ing with to improve my FM by improving AM. No luck however.<br> <br> How are your FM channels reception??<br> My ML in Chicago (say - FLAT) is aweful, not staticy but very mono sounding and doesn't receive the weak stations. Dealer lousy and says it sound ok to them.<br> <br> Suggestions????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts