Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350 AMG
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a Newbie here, I noticed that a previous thread regarding the stubby Brabus antenna/aerial seemed to evaporate, with a lot of queries unresolved. The Brabus appears to work for some, and not for others (in both the U.K. and the U.S.A.).

Does anyone have an update on whether MB will market a kit, whether Brabus USA will be selling it soon, or anyone else designing it in? Does the German Brabus short antenna actually work in the U.S. without any further modification? I saw short antennas on an SL 55 and SL 500 in the local MB dealer, so I'm assuming they are OEM (Brabus) and that MB has the technical know-how to make them work. The question is.....does this antenna need an additional amplifier (presumably prefitted in the SL car) in order to work properly?

I find it incredible that there isn't one auto parts manufacturer in the U.S. who hasn't come out with their own aftermarket solution. They must be losing out on thousands of dollars of new business.

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
My neighbor was looking at my car yesterday and made a comment about the old fashion antenna. He asked why M/B couldn't put it in the windshield like his Cadillac. What could I say. I'd even settle for a power antenna like my fathers' 1986 Pontiac.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts