Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a crash last week, uninsured driver went into the back of my '81 230CE.

The repairs will cost around £2000, and I don't really fancy it being written off, because it'll be difficult to sell (If I choose to) later on down the line.

It's been sitting in a garage for the past 15 years of its life so it's only got 22,000 miles on the clock - guaranteed with full MOT history I have, nil rust on it and everything on it works perfectly after a bit of work. (Drivers window, petrol gauge - all now repaired) And it's recently been serviced (new filters, pumps etc)

I am with classic car insurance, so they're not going to value it at market price, but at it's classic value, however I've no idea what that might be. I've varied estimates from friends and mechanics at around £4000 - £8000.

How much would you guys guess, or how much would you guys pay?

·
Registered
W123 280CE
14 Posts
W123 coupe prices seem to vary a lot depending on history/colour/trim. With yours having so few miles I'd have thought somewhere in the £4000-£5000 mark as a rough guess.

I would put some pictures and details on the uk forums - there are some real experts on there... Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums ...MBClub UK Forums - Mercedes Forum run by Mercedes Enthusiasts

Sorry to hear about the damage by the way. I hope you get a good outcome.

cheers

Levi

·
Registered
2001 E55 AMG
3,294 Posts
Did you not have guaranteed value on the insurance? Did the company not ask for photos when you took out the policy? I know they don't all ask for this.....Also in theory with it being classic insurance it should be different than market value for something on a standard policy.....Hopefully.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts