Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
l have experiencing a ticking noise from the passenger side window area for about six weeks now...It certainly is temperature driven...As the weather has become colder, the ticking noise is more apparent...........l brought it in the dealership, and that solved nothing...They found some noise in the passenger A pillar and repaired that....l tried moving the passenger side seatbelt adjuster, up and down, and it seemed to work but the noise has returned, since the cold weather has returned..........What are other areas that l should consider....maybe the sound is resonating from the rear and l'm hearing it from the passenger area ????? Thanks..............

·
Registered
11 Posts
Could be your speaker in your passenger A pillar, some metal that is flexing as it warms up, anything.

Does it only happen when you're in motion? If not, try this - use a small piece of hose or tubing as a stethoscope and put one end to your ear, and use the other end to scan the vehicle where you think the sound is coming from. Check other places too, like under the hood.

When you localize it, tell the dealer where it is and see if you can recreate the conditions (since you said it's temperature driven). Good luck!

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
Thought they had corrected this some time ago?? By the way, found my rattle, it was the stuff in the spare tire compartment. Particularly the hardware for the spare installation.

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...............

Could be your speaker in your passenger A pillar, some metal that is flexing as it warms up, anything.

Does it only happen when you're in motion? If not, try this - use a small piece of hose or tubing as a stethoscope and put one end to your ear, and use the other end to scan the vehicle where you think the sound is coming from. Check other places too, like under the hood.

When you localize it, tell the dealer where it is and see if you can recreate the conditions (since you said it's temperature driven). Good luck!
Yes........it does happen when the vehicle is moving..............

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello "S"

Thought they had corrected this some time ago?? By the way, found my rattle, it was the stuff in the spare tire compartment. Particularly the hardware for the spare installation.
Good to hear you found your rattle...........They can be annoying............and yes..l thought, it had been corrected...but as mentioned, with the weather getting colder, the noise has re-appeared.............l will keep looking ................Thanks.........

·
Registered
106 Posts
maybe the windshield itself at the pillars? we had to have ours replaced and i have noticed in the winter time some ticking noises. have not bothered to bring it back to get re-adhered

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank-you............

maybe the windshield itself at the pillars? we had to have ours replaced and i have noticed in the winter time some ticking noises. have not bothered to bring it back to get re-adhered
That sounds like a good one............l have noticed some foam padding between the windshield and the instrument panel.......must be for noises.....

·
Registered
2004 SL500 R230 White/Beige
10 Posts
I had almost the same noise, and found it to be the passenger rear corner of the sunroof shade. move it back and no more noise. maybe try that.

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank-you............

I had almost the same noise, and found it to be the passenger rear corner of the sunroof shade. move it back and no more noise. maybe try that.
l will try that.............Thanks guys for all your thoughts..it is much appreciated !!!!!

·
Registered
2008 ML350
18 Posts
I also have a ticking noise inside my car when it moves on uneven terrain, turns out it is the back of the back seat rubbing/moving against it's stop - a white rubber pad. I verified it by driving with the seat back folded and no more noise!. I'm going to try spraying the area with silicone lubricant to see if it goes away.

Sam

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey "S"...

I also have a ticking noise inside my car when it moves on uneven terrain, turns out it is the back of the back seat rubbing/moving against it's stop - a white rubber pad. I verified it by driving with the seat back folded and no more noise!. I'm going to try spraying the area with silicone lubricant to see if it goes away.

Sam
Both sides ????? or is it the drivers or passenger side.........(rear of course....)

·
Registered
2008 ML350
18 Posts
Left side - Drivers - The larger one. But then again, easy to check by folding each down one at a time just before your next trip to wall mart (bergdorf goodman?).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts