Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the nicest, stock U.S 560SECs I've ever seen. [8D]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6332&item=4526924934&rd=1

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Very nice – I think they look great w/o the ‘kits’ and boy racer treatments; the 140 rims work well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interesting that someone mentioned that car. I went to see this car yesterday:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4522033810&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

It was offered by the same seller as the one although he is selling it for a guy who now has it in Austin, TX. I almost went to NJ last year to see it. Glad I did not. It looks fantastic in the picture, right? Opened the door and immediately saw a tape line where the door jamb was not painted. Also, the wheels all need refinished but look brand new in the picture. He wanted 16,800 last year and now wants 16,600. I think it is worth 13,000 max. Especially since it spent some time in the salt based on the undercarriage rust.
Just another Ebay buyer beware for the one mentioned above that looks like new. I bet it looks different in person.
Maybe someone can comment on the SEC market. I cannot find a 1991 that is original paint, records, etc. that is worth 16k me (assuming about 75-80k miles). Are my expectations too high?

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
2,110 Posts
txtonyo - 2/13/2005 12:27 PM

Maybe someone can comment on the SEC market. I cannot find a 1991 that is original paint, records, etc. that is worth 16k me (assuming about 75-80k miles). Are my expectations too high?
Your expectations are what they are. The problem is supply/demand. With each year that passes, accidents, rust, and owners who make tasteless "upgrades" to their cars will keep decreasing the number of clean, original, low-mileage SECs and SELs available. You can increase your odds of finding a car if you loosen your mileage and model-year criteria, but it'll still be like looking for a needle in a haystack. But hey, if you're not in a hurry, that's part of the fun. And all this hunting around will just make the day you find your SEC that much more special [:D]

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
txtonyo - 2/14/2005 4:27 AM

It was offered by the same seller as the one although he is selling it for a guy who now has it in Austin, TX. I almost went to NJ last year to see it. Glad I did not. It looks fantastic in the picture, right? Opened the door and immediately saw a tape line where the door jamb was not painted. Also, the wheels all need refinished but look brand new in the picture. He wanted 16,800 last year and now wants 16,600. I think it is worth 13,000 max. Especially since it spent some time in the salt based on the undercarriage rust.
Just another Ebay buyer beware for the one mentioned above that looks like new. I bet it looks different in person.
You did the right thing by inspecting it first.

Damn, it looks so good in the pictures... [V]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts