Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys... i just got an E class and im looking at tuning my suspension and brakes. I need your recommendations. I just purchased some rims and tires for my car 235/35/19 in the front and 265/30/19 in the rear. <br>
I want to lower the car so i am looking at purchasing an Eibach Pro Kit and change my shims to 1 pt. Any recommendations... someone told me to get Intrax and use 2pt shims.... should i replace my shocks? If so, what kind? will my stock shocks suffice?<br>
<br>
I am also looking at replacing my rotors with Brembo cross drilled and slotted. Anyone have experience with this?<br>
<br>
Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's some brakes.

(REPOST)<br> <br> For most of the people on this list who will never take their car to a track event, the stock brakes will prove extremely effective. There are 2 main reasons I'd consider upgrading....first and most important, to reduce unsprung weight. With the brakes (caliper, rotor & pads) weighing approx 40 lbs per side, there's tremendous opportunity for improvement using an aftermarket brake kit with aluminum calipers and rotor hats. Even the large 15' kit pictured here weighs only 31 lbs per side. With future ceramic composite technology, weight should drop to around 20 lbs per side. <br> <br> The other reason I'd consider upgrading is that the stock brakes tend to rust rather easily and are not very attractive through the wheel spokes. SD <br>

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts