·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Link is dead now but it looks like I may be the new proud owner of a 1986 300SDL.

I am scheduled to go pick it up tonight 3 hours away so wish me luck!

Always wanted a diesel. Still love my 420. Not gonna sell it. My interior is too awesome to let it go.

Maybe, from the people who brought you "560 to 420 interior swap" will come "300SDL to 420SEL Motor/drivetrain swap"! :D

Anyway, some details:

230k miles
a new/rebuilt tranny
Current owner is third owner bought from MB dealer mechanic in 2006 with 180k miles. Has a lot of paperwork.
Absolutely no overheating issues, no oil burning issues
Not sure what the head# is
New fuel lines and injector seals
AC no worky
Interior is in poor shape
Exterior in excellent shape, no rust
$1700

Some pics:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Way to go foolio, I was hoping you would snag this one up and @ that price you can't possibly go wrong. Have a safe road trip there and back and when you get time, post up some more pics of the interior.

·
SuperModerator
13,268 Posts
Cool, another member of the family. Happy road trip to pick it up.
When i was a teenager i rode in a W123 300 diesel a few times before i realised it was a diesel. So quiet and smooth.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6 hour round trip later and I am now a proud owner of a diesel w126! I am so freaking excited right now. She drove beautifully on the way home. Got a bunch of new projects now. The car is exactly as the seller described. It does need a few annoying things fixed. Only major ticket items are the AC and it seems it will need a new/repaired exhaust...damn thing sounds like a tractor trailer right now. Will post some pics soon.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Glad you made it back safely Chris, I knew you would be happy from the get go with this one even with it's few cosmetic imperfections. Can't wait to see a few more pics of the interior and engine bay.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Hey foolio, Whenever you get through joy riding in the SDL that you literally "stole" :D. Make me a list of parts that you need for it and I will look for them this weekend while I am at the pull a part getting parts for myself.

Parts that I already have here are:

Burgundy dash assembly
Driver door window regulator with good motor
Push button climate control unit (if you need it)
Top chrome trim for front bumper

I think I still have the burgundy arm rest that is perfect but I will have to look for that.

Let me know what else you might need that you can't find at the pull a part yard there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts