Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. My name is Brad and I am 21. I am not exactly new but havent created a new topic before.

Like you, I love mercedes and can appreciate the technology and build of their cars.

I drive an 02 S500 with Sport and ABC suspension. Fantastic is hardly the word for the suspension set up.

Anyways - Do any of you gentleman ( and ladies ) have spy photos or any information about the NEW S Class due out in 2005 or so???

Any info would be greatly appreciated :) !

Attachments

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Welcome Brad!...

The car looks great! What colour is it? It's rather difficult ot tell from the pictures. Black with Java?

·
Registered
S430,190E 2.6,SL500
194 Posts
At this point in time I wouldn't trust any spy photos. I have been doing research on the n...

At this point in time I wouldn't trust any spy photos. I have been doing research on the new W221 for 3 months now and have seen so many spy shots that I don't know which to believe. Here are my thoughts on some of the possibilities:
- one single oval headlamp ( Auto Motor und Sport )
- a headlamp similar to the Maybach with more circular lines
- a headlamp similar to the current S-Class

The overall shape should be conservative. The rear lights is still a mystery- it'll probably be some long triangle shape. Whatever it turns out to be I'll defintiely trade in my S430 for the new one!

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RE: The color of the car

HI There!

Actually, the color of the car is Almadine Black. Apparently it is a special order color and not to many of these are in the states. From certain views, it is purple, sometimes black, sometimes brown. Its very cool.

Java Leather too. Options include
-ABC
-Comfort Seats, (Multi Contour, A/C and Heated, Massage seats)
-Sports Package
-CD Changer
-Integrated phone with Voice Activation

I think thats about it.
The 500 is so quick. I cant imagine the need for something stronger.
Do you all feel that way????//

Bradley

·
Registered
1985 300CD
9 Posts
next S class

I just bought a mag this past weekend that had a couple pics of the next S class. In the article, they stated 2006 as the date.

...from the March issue of Automobile magazine.

Attachments

·
Registered
'99 SL500,'92 500SEL
18 Posts
The 2006 S-class on the cover of the March issue of automobile magazine looks like an Au...

The 2006 S-class on the cover of the March issue of automobile magazine looks like an Audi, IMO.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Eew...

I just bought a mag this past weekend that had a couple pics of the next S class. In the article, they stated 2006 as the date.

...from the March issue of Automobile magazine.
The actual car had better not look like that Photochopped picture. That is horribly ugly! [:0]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Brad, you don't have to answer this if you don't want to.

But how were you able to...

Hey Brad, you don't have to answer this if you don't want to.

But how were you able to afford a $90000 car and you're only 21? I'm just asking because it's very rare and I also would like to own an S class when I get out of graduate school. But that's a long way for me.

·
Registered
S430,190E 2.6,SL500
194 Posts
Believe it or not, many high school and college students drive brand new Mercedes-Benzes o...

Believe it or not, many high school and college students drive brand new Mercedes-Benzes or other comparable luxury cars. I have an S430, another kid at school has a CLK430, and I've seen tons of brand new A6's, M-Classes, C-Classes and the BMW X5. It's a new generation where wealthy parents also want their kids to drive nice cars.

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Hey Brad, you don't have to answer this if you don't want to. But how were you able to

HI
Thats OK. I understand that question.
To be honest, My parents bought me the car because Ive been doing really well in school. I dont think they ment to spend in the 100k neighborhood but they did want me to get a car and were perhaps sucked in by the enormously comfortable and large back seat area. So they opted to get this one instead.
Speak soon.
Reg,
Brad

\Hey Brad, you don't have to answer this if you don't want to.

But how were you able to afford a $90000 car and you're only 21? I'm just asking because it's very rare and I also would like to own an S class when I get out of graduate school. But that's a long way for me.

·
Registered
'05 330i ZHP
1,036 Posts
First of all, they need an extra 2 bars in the grille, second of all, those lights are hella ugly. Its cool that the rear looks a bit like the 215 CL and the new CLS, but the front lights should be a bit more like the 220 ones.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Its a real shame that the government doesn't have any strict safety laws anymore for low speed collisions.

I couldn't drive a 220 at all in my area, because some jackass is always rearending me at a tollgate. Dumb Massachusetts soccer moms in SUV's with phones attached to their ears.

Fortunately my W126's are high enough so that the lights aren't wiped out, and there is virtually no damage(except maybe a scuff mark). In fact, sometimes there is damage to the trucks that hit me!

I could NEVER get around with flimsy plastic bumpers. Within about 4 months time, the car would have frame damage from an accident. That bodes well for premium value, huh?!

The E420 I have to be a little more careful with.

·
Registered
Mercedes EVO 2
191 Posts
Awsome Benz Brad, I really love the S-Classe, it looks stunning and its one of the best MB ever built!!! Congrats man [:)]

·
Registered
2003 G55, 2003 E500
62 Posts
---

I agree with 190E2.6. Many children, are having their kids drive SAFE vehicles. My son drives an M3, because we want to spend every penny we can on his safety. Plus, he really thought the M3 was cool! But Saftey of the vehicle has always been our main concern.

·
Registered
1982 300 SD
91 Posts
With regards to bumpers:

For a car to be sold in the U.S., it has to meet certain impact standards. The car needs to be able to withstand a 2.5 mph collision without damage to the frame/body (i.e.: not the bumper itself).

This year someone ran into me at low speed. It did not damage the sheet metal, but I have two ugly scratches on the bumper now. [V]

With regards to parents buying safe cars:

Mine got me a used Saturn when I turned 16.5; does that mean they don't love me? [:p]

·
Registered
'05 330i ZHP
1,036 Posts
Just a question, how is putting a new driver in an M3 safe? They may not be Enzos, but they have enough performance to get into a nice crash. Secondly, the 3 series isnt known for its safety like the Benz, and especially the M3 are low enough to get serious damage from an SUV. (Whoops, was that a cat or a little car under my wheel?)

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Evo,

Thanks for teh compliment! It is my baby (if a 22 year old can consider his car his baby)

I take good care of it and just bought a radar detector to help out with the cop situation.

As for the below message re: putting a kid in an M3...... i think it goes to say that each child is different. IF a parent sees his child is really responsible, does well in school, doesnt dabble in drugs and doesnt drink, I see no reason why an M3 shouldnt at least be discussed between the parents. However, as a first car, i question the need for the M3. On more than one front, this car is a liability. Insurance will be absolutly insane to cover a teen in this car, while teh speed alone is not required for a car that the child is learning on. I would probably be guilty of giving my future son a really hot car because I grew up loving cars myself. However, I would really have to have a talk with reality and come to the realization that if you are going to give you kid a fast fast car, you leave yourself open for a heartache. Better the child should cry now, than you cry later........... Wise words from a 22 year old..... isnt that extraordinary!
:)
Brad

·
Registered
2003 G55, 2003 E500
62 Posts
You're point's are well taken. I agree the M3 has too much power! But, he is a responsible child and he has driven my E55 and old E500 very well! He does good in school, isn't doing any crap like you mentioned, and is very responsible. My husband was all for getting him a good car. I would have liked it if he took a C-class, instead. But, he can manage it very well. My husband has an M5 and I guess he just loved it sooo much he got our son an M3. Anyway's, the car was quite expensive and it's not the safest thing in the world, but at least he's happy. We also intend on keeping the car for quite a while.
Chucky, that S500 of yours is absolutely beautiful, if you were going to spend so much on an S500...would you be able to get an S55 for a few grand more? Why didn't you get 4Matic?
It is just gorgeous with those AMG Rims!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts