Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a forum search to check right now but I thought I'd ask in case no one posted about it!

What I want to know is: Did you chassis-dyno the car before/after? Numbers before/after? What is your speed limiter set to now? Did you get their exhaust upgrade and how much louder over factory is it, especially with the top down?

TIA, Shey. [:)]

·
Registered
14 Posts
What's up? I have a 05 Sl55 with renntech kit I'm getting 546hp on the dyno and 587 ft pds of TQ but i'm only running 12 flat at my best run and getting a o-60 of 3.98 It makes no sense to me because the 04 sl 600 does 0-60 in 3.6 and qt in 11.90 and it has less hp than my 55 it is 200 pds heavy and has different gear 2.62 which would make it slower THe 55 has 2.82 which is better .....hpe that helps you

TONY NYC

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just sold my SL 55. My new SL 65 will be here in December, but a willing buyer said they wanted it now, so away it went. I had the Renntech mod installed and also the Carlsson lowering module. I couldn't get the sound I wanted, so I had the mufflers cut off and a straight pipe put in on each side. Sounded much raspyer, and a bit over the top, but you knew it was there. I had the entire car blacked out with the exception of the Star on the front and the tailpipes. No dyno beforehand, but the change was so noticeable I didn't need it. The car would still break the wheels loose with the traction control engaged, but then recover. The lowering kit made the suspoension very stiff, but the car looked and handled so great. The button still raised the car, but really high and only in one position.

From what I read, the SL 65 is stronger. Looks like a full second in the 1/4 mile. I have already made arrangements for the Renntech mod to be done to the new car. 650 HP and 840 ft-lbs of torque promised. :)

I also have an S 55 which is wonderful as well.

·
Registered
2005 RENNtech SL600
195 Posts
Dear Tony c,

You say you don't know why your RennTech SL55 can not beat the SL600? That is because the SL600 you are referring to was the car& driver test vehicle that also had the RennTech upgrade. I know it didn't say so in the article but just call Renntech and they will tell you the truth. So, your upgraded SL55 while very fast is no match for the 625-650HP, 745-790LB of torque that the Renntech SL600 dishes out. It is outrageously smooth and fast and a super value considering the upgrades cost only $6,400. Compare that to the SL65 price tag and the price per pony is a bargin!!

Mark11
2005 RennTech SL600

·
Registered
1998 MB SLK 230
504 Posts
Casey - 11/5/2004 1:50 AM

I just sold my SL 55. My new SL 65 will be here in December, but a willing buyer said they wanted it now, so away it went. I had the Renntech mod installed and also the Carlsson lowering module. I couldn't get the sound I wanted, so I had the mufflers cut off and a straight pipe put in on each side. Sounded much raspyer, and a bit over the top, but you knew it was there. I had the entire car blacked out with the exception of the Star on the front and the tailpipes. No dyno beforehand, but the change was so noticeable I didn't need it. The car would still break the wheels loose with the traction control engaged, but then recover. The lowering kit made the suspoension very stiff, but the car looked and handled so great. The button still raised the car, but really high and only in one position.

From what I read, the SL 65 is stronger. Looks like a full second in the 1/4 mile. I have already made arrangements for the Renntech mod to be done to the new car. 650 HP and 840 ft-lbs of torque promised. :)

I also have an S 55 which is wonderful as well.
please do me a favour and post some pics. that little pic that you have looks nice, and your cars sound intriguing. thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts