Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Unimog U1250
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone wants/needs pics of certain parts of a U1250 please let me know. I have my camera ready and I'm going to spend a couple of days under my Mog so now is your chance. :)

·
Registered
'91 U1250 '02 U500NA
3,781 Posts
Sure!Whatever you work on.
Axles (front and rear), diffs,gear hubs,brakes (discs and pads),steering,torque tubes.

·
Registered
Unimog U1250
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I can shoot anything :)

Im not takin anything apart yet so no inside photos of axles, diffs, etc can be taken tho.

·
Registered
Sold .....1987 U1250 Unimog
1,011 Posts
I would love to seee some just to compare to my U1250 and photos that I have. specific area might be axles, frame, Fuel Tank..a couple fuel tank shots would be nice, I want a bigger one and mine isn't factory, a few of the mounting point would be good to see too..

Thanks
David
87 U1250

·
Registered
'91 U1250 '02 U500NA
3,781 Posts
I'm also interested in the look of original mount for spider frame, especially the support for front mount, that on my truck has been fabricated later due to conversion from the crane to full size box.

·
Registered
Unimog U1250
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a little update: I have quite a bit of pics and I'll try to upload them tomorrow. Thank you for your patience. :)

·
Registered
Unimog U1250
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it took long enough, but here are some photos.

I forgot to take off my lens hood before using the built-in flash so some of the pics have nasty shadow in them. Sorry for that amateurish mistake. :eek:

First some general pics of my mog and her friend. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
Unimog U1250
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rear axle that I'm slowly cleaning from all the rust and other crap after 24 years of communal and construction work.

The attachment on the rear axle for the support from the axle to the torque tube was full of water and other crap so I cleaned it up thoroughly and drilled a couple of holes to it to make sure the water has an exit.

Might be worth checking this if you haven't. Mine was extra crispy after years of having standing water inside.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts