Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350 Black
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not an option for the US model. How does this work?

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK200
25 Posts
I think it is an option that comes with cars with normal light. It is necesary to adjust the height and reach. The cars with bixenon dont need it. The adjust is done automatically.

best regards.Pepe.

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
pepe is right. It is for cars without bixenons since the bixenons are self-adjusting (notice how it resets itself everytime you startup)

·
Registered
SL55 AMG/SLK 350
211 Posts
They have to be self adjusting as they have to meet legal requirements so as not to blind oncoming road users - hence no adjustment dials.

·
Registered
SLK 350 Black
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So US model do not have this dial... because I do not have it, and I do not have bi-xeon

·
Registered
SLK350
365 Posts
polojcp - 2/19/2005 5:20 AM

So US model do not have this dial... because I do not have it, and I do not have bi-xeon
The Aus cars without bi-xenon can be adjusted manually, but not with a thumbwheel. There is a button which, if you press it, pops out and allows adjustment of the lights almost like a volume control. (I.e you turn it left or right)

Do you have one of those perhaps? It is right by the light switch.

roadsta

·
Registered
SLK 200K
176 Posts
Normal halogen (filamen) lamp have 2 version of the switch, left hand drive (US) has that thumb wheel you pictured, right hand drive is the push button as described by roadsta. Bi-Xenon havent got one... are yo sure your one not Bi-Xenon? Correct me if i am wrong, i was told that bi-xenon has both low beam and hi beam in xenon but the hi-beam FLASHER is still normal filamen type halogen lamp since xenon doesnt work fast enough for flasher.

·
Registered
SLK350 AMG kit
121 Posts
This dial/knob is actually for adjusting the hight/level of your lights depending on whether or not you have a passenger ie: 0 or 1. The 4 seater Mercs as with my CLK has 0 to 3, as you may notice whenever you get more people in the car the lower it gets and the higher the front gets.

·
Registered
SLK 350 Black
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nope! I do not have the dial... Anyone else in the US does not have the dial?

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
The dial is not on any US models I have seen and is not referenced in the Manual...[8)]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts