Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any one has an owners manual and pamphlets for a 1994 e320 and is willing to part with it, lemme know. Thanks
I have the case and an atlas.. Would like the other parts

·
W124 Moderator
12,582 Posts
I believe you can get the owners manual from the dealer for less than $30 or so. Or, try ebay.. they come up often.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't ebay..Got ripped off 3 times and forget it. Dealer referred me to an outside company and they charge $45... I will keep looking..

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! Thank you! Now I know my car has R134 a and that the fan speed settings really are cracked out

·
Registered
38 Posts
Help! In need of a complete 1994 W124 E320 German edition owners manual, wallet, booklets and addendums for a Swiss delivered AMG/Sportline Cabriolet. Does anyone have any European German literature, tags pamplets etc. at all for this car?

Rick 4242100084

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Help! In need of a complete 1994 W124 E320 German edition owners manual, wallet, booklets and addendums for a Swiss delivered AMG/Sportline Cabriolet. Does anyone have any European German literature, tags pamplets etc. at all for this car?

Rick 4242100084
...you might have to source that from the factory in the motherland. it would be worth it tho to have what you want.

·
W124 Moderator
12,582 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Take a few minutes to complete your profile. It really helps us, help you. The forum contains a staggering amount of information about your car. However not knowing where you are hinders everyone ability to help out. eBay will be your friend here.

Again, welcome

Jayare

·
Registered
16,640 Posts
Manuals are available on fleaBay 24/7/365 OR get a electronic version on CD (original or bootleg also on fleaBay)

·
Premium Member
10,049 Posts
^ What he said.

It's one of those inexplicable life mysteries....where do all the OM's go, as they never seem to be with the cars sold? And yeah, they may end up on eBay at some point, but this was a mystery even before eBay existed.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
6,704 Posts
^ What he said.

It's one of those inexplicable life mysteries....where do all the OM's go, as they never seem to be with the cars sold? And yeah, they may end up on eBay at some point, but this was a mystery even before eBay existed.

Kevin
many used car dealers toss any and all books so there's no links to previous owners.

·
Registered
80 Posts
"where do all the OM's go"

When I was a young teenager, before having a driving license, I collected all things automotive. This included owner's manuals that I could get out of used cars at dealerships - and the car lots didn't care.

The best ones were Cadillac from the early '60s; they were enclosed in a nice vinyl folder.

The prize of all that car lot picking though was a 300SL roadster manual - a piece that of course I still have in my collection.

·
Premium Member
10,049 Posts
"where do all the OM's go"

When I was a young teenager, before having a driving license, I collected all things automotive. This included owner's manuals that I could get out of used cars at dealerships - and the car lots didn't care.

The best ones were Cadillac from the early '60s; they were enclosed in a nice vinyl folder.

The prize of all that car lot picking though was a 300SL roadster manual - a piece that of course I still have in my collection.
I don't know anything about the price of old OM's or those who collect that stuff.....but.....that 300SL manual may be at a point where you could retire on the sale of it....lol. If you could find the owner of the actual car it went with somehow(if it survived)...does it have a VIN # anywhere?

Kevin

·
Registered
80 Posts
Kevin - It does not have any identifying stuff. Also I have the parts book and the vinyl envelope.

Amazing to think about it now but back then (about 1964 or so) that 300SL roadster I got the books from was just a used car. Can't remember which lot had the car but it was probably the Studebaker/Mercedes dealership in the town that sold very few of either brand. And I did not then think the car was anything special. It was just a used roadster; not much different to me from a TR-3/TR-4/XK-140/190SL - maybe just a bit bigger.

·
Registered
16,640 Posts
....And I did not then think the car was anything special. It was just a used roadster; not much different to me from a TR-3/TR-4/XK-140/190SL - maybe just a bit bigger.
... and a WHOLE lot more valuable than all those other cars combined.

Yeah, that manual could be worth some coin especially if it is near mint. The only 300SL accessory I have had (and still have) is the touring tool kit. Essentially, the basic tool kit plus some extra tools, parts and a spare clutch. Brand new, in the original MB paper bag

It is a very rare and sought after accessory. The last one I saw that was nowhere in the same state as mine (it was missing the packaging on the clutch plate and was a bit stained and rusted, sold for nearly 50K US dollars.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
12 Participants
sbaert
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing