Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry about all these questions about wheels. im about to spend 2000 to 3000 $$$$$ on wheels and its important to me to get this right the first time. To those who have or know is there any modification needed when putting 18 by 8.5 on a NON LOWERED c240 with 225/40/18 front and rear. Thanks again to everyone.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Your rim size and tires should be OK, but check carefully what is the wheel offset.

Suggest you re-post your question with the wheel off-set on 18 x 8.5 wheel you are planning on mounting.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Your rim size and tires should be OK, but check carefully what is the wheel offset.

Plan on getting the Brabus VI 1 piece but dont know the wheel offset.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Your rim size and tires should be OK, but check carefully what is the wheel offset.

You shouldn't have any problems if you aren't lowering the car. Right when I bought my C240 Sport I had 19 x 8.5 Carlsson wheels with me and had it installed by the dealer which cost me 40 bucks. They put on spacers to make it fill out the wheel well more but that's about it. It never rubbed or anything. The dealer told me that I might want to get an alignment just to make sure. By the way my tire size was 35/235 all around. You might have to get spacers, but you shouldn't need anything else. I have since lowered my car about two inches and I still don't have any problems, but I did get my fenders rolled. I have no problems turning, but I noticed that when I do turn, my tire comes awfully close to the wheel well in the front.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
225/40/18's will be fine, lowered or not....

Brabus rims are made specfically for each MBZ class, so C-class rims will have the proper offset.<br> <br> I would suggest going with 235's with 8.5' rims since it will 'fit' better with the lip of the rims. I lowered my car 1.4' in the front and I have no problems rubbing. <br> <br> Check out my picture....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: 225/40/18's will be fine, lowered or not....

Spindrome, u mean that the 225 will make the lip stick out too much? Thankd<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, sort of....

The sidewall of the 225 tire will be just shy of the 8.5' rim's outer lip. To me, it appears as if the tires wide enough for the rim. I'd prefer the sidewall to be at least flush with the rim's lip.<br> <br> Here's what I'm talking about:<br> <br> =\=\==/=/=|<br> ==\=\/=/==| (225 tire)<br> ==========|<br> \<br> | (rim)<br> |<br> <br> with the 235 tire, you'd get this:<br> <br> =\=\==/=/=|<br> ==\=\/=/==| (235 tire)<br> ==========|<br> \<br> | (rim)<br> |<br> <br> Hope this stupid ASCII illustration helps.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WHAT ARE SPACERS??

I JUST BOUGHT A 2002 C240 AND I AM ABOUT TO PUT ON 19X8 MODA R6 WHEELS WITH 235/35/19 TIRES?? WILL i BE OKAY/ OR DO I NEED THOSE SPACER THINGS??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts