Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 ML320, 2017 C300, 2009 Smart Car Brabus
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Over the weekend my wife and I went out for dinner. As I was parking the car forward the unthinkable happened. Yeah, the front bumper vs. the parking stopper, guess who won…ouch! Now the bottom of the bumper has a crack and looking at it gets on my nerves! Can these things be easily fixed with some Bondo or something or is it a bit more complicated?

Attachments

·
Registered
S500, Z06, Honda Pilot, Volvo850R
2 Posts
Clean up the back of the bumper with alcohol and apply generous amount of JB Weld "instant epoxy" (avail from any autopart or hardware store) on the back of the cracked bumper. Reinforce it with 3 layers of fiberglass-cloth (rub the epoxy into it) and use popsicle sticks to keep he crack aligned as it dries. It dries quickly so make sure you have everything ready.

Yeah, the front bumper vs. the parking stopper, guess who won…ouch! Now the bottom of the bumper has a crack and looking at it gets on my nerves! Can these things be easily fixed with some Bondo or something or is it a bit more complicated?

·
Registered
W211/W210 Estate /W209/W208
1,970 Posts
Several Bumper repair shops in the OC so Im Sure there will be a few in SD

We also have a MOBILE Bumper repair service that does everything on site ..repair refinish

They will repair the plastic bumper the correct way ...You want the repair to be flexable
NOT a solid (HARD) repair so that the bumper can flex

·
Registered
2003 ML320, 2017 C300, 2009 Smart Car Brabus
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I edited my post and added the some pictures. Do you know about how much they charge?

·
Registered
mercedes ml270 cdi
16 Posts
Hi,

same things happened to my mercedes ml270 bumper, an it's AMG so it's hard to find the one with the circular fog lights.

anyone got any contacts that might have a AMG bumper ( with the circular fog lights ) , please e-mail me on [email protected].co.uk if you can help me

thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts