Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I am new to Vito's and am just starting a project to get mine looking sweet. It's a 'Y' plate 112cdi.

Firstly I'd like some alloys. I was thinking 18" as I can run chunky'ish tyres (some of the MX tracks I drive to are on real rough ground).

-what wheel offset can I use and what tyre sizes on an 18'' wheel without rubbing? I have seen some nice Merc wheels with a 35 offset-ok?

- does anyone know which (if any) DIY central locking kit can be fitted? I'd like the front and the boot door done. But fronts would be fine. A pro job was daft at £300 just for RCL, no alarm.

Also I'd to lower it. I was thinking springs off eBay 40mm drop front and rear, would that look ok on 18's?

Finally I have two seats in the front which is great but I'd like some plush leather or sporty seats for it. I think I can just remove the seat tops leaving the runners and belt holder. Any ideas what seats work well/go right in?

My local scrappy had some mint SAAB 95 Aero full leather seats for £30! Sadly I missed them (too worried about measuring up first). These looked like they would be very near to going right in.

Any ideas?

Thanks people!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hey bud,

I believe the offset is 45-48 on the 638. There is enough info on here about it. I have got ML alloys on mine. They are a straight swap, look great and are load rated. I went against getting too big, I have 16's, I just felt the ride comfort would be shit on big alloys, and many people advised me against it due to how quickly you'd end up going through tyres.

You'll have to change the seat base for the double seat. It's great really as you'll be able to walk through the front to the back easily. It's an easy straight sawp. The guy down at Merc-man in Hayle was trying to sell me two cream leather seats a month back from a v220. Heated etc etc....... Give him a ring. He has loads of stuff to kit you out with. I have changed my double for a single, peice of piss.

I got one of those central locking kits off flea-bay, 39quid, haven't fitted it yet but they really are not hard. You can come and have a look at it if you want? I also have parking sensors which were nice. I haven't been able to get the reading to come up on the dash though for how close I am.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Never heard of the guy in Hayle. I will have to check it out. Probably end up spending mint down there!

My van has single (one driver, one passenger) seats as standard. I also have a twin row in the back with the quick release system to take them out which is ideal for me. All I'd like is some 'nicer' front seats. I have seen a Vito with Civic Type R sears fitted...very comfy but not my think anymore.

I will check out the eBay kit. I really miss having remote locking. So a cheaper kit would be ideal.

Did yours come with the parking sensors? I'd love them but it's quite a cost to add really. I do have some nice things like electric windows/mirrors and aircon. The side door windows and tailgate window are good for me too as it's good for daily use (instead of a car).

I fancy 18's as I like the look. I had 18's on a T5 transporter I had, they rode fine on that, although due to the size of the van bigger would have looked better.

Thanks again mate

·
Registered
695 Posts
This is a reply to other posts you sent me as well. Mine was a basic 'stock' panel van like you say. No windows apart from driver's and passengers. Double front seat and none in the rear.

I bought most of my bits from Merc-man, he is really reasonable, and buys stuff off you too in exchange. He also sells brand new stuff he gets in as excess stock from Merc dealers. I changed my sliding doors for 2 off a v-class with glass in, £60 each. I installed a rear windscreen £90 brand new and put in myself. Changed the bumpers for V-class one's, so they came with the parking sensors. They were much easier to spray up yellow than the dimpled grey one's. Sold on the old one's. I now have the glass for the 'final third' panels which I'll put in when it get's warmer £30 each. I also have the V-class grill which looks sweet. The headlights are slightly different from the vito to the v-class though so fitting the grill can look a bit forced. I have front seats from a v-class too, they are the best seats I've ever had in a car. I've carpet lined the back, I carpeted everything, not just the panels like some. Lights in the back. Second battery and split charge relay. Uprated sound system. Bongo seats in the back. ML alloys. Bed system in the back. Curtains the missus made. Cuddly reindeer in window too.

Lots of options for you out there mate. The v-class is a great vehicle to get stuff from. You ever want to see mine come have a gander, I have bits knocking around too if you might need spares let me know.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have been busy mate! I popped into Mercman the other day but he didn't have any help so couldn't open. I will go in again in a couple days. I did speak to the guy about bits..he had some cream leather V-class front seats for £200. They would be ideal but I'm not a fan of cream and although a good price it's a little much for me.

I am going to look at some alloys he has though. They are on his wife's car at present but he is going to remove them if I want them.

I hadnt thought about V-class bumpers..I will ask him about them. The windows you got seem very reasonably priced. Luckily mine had all the windows I want.

I wouldn't mint taking a peek at yours sometime...sounds like a minter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts