Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tired of my plain yellow bulbs, and it really sucks to be driving next to a cheezy minivan with nice white beams 4x as powerful as mine.
I saw some 55W blue tinted Sylvania or GE (can't remember which) for ~$15 ea. I doub't they're what I want, and I know they're not brighter than the 55W Sylvania halogen that I have now. I'm happy with my hi-beams, but I can't use 'em where I live. I'm not paying for HID either.

Any one have any ideas, or am I asking for too much?

'98 CLK, H7 bulb I believe..

·
Registered
CLK,SLK
1,181 Posts
Sylvania Silverstars. Search this site for past discussions on them. Not the "Cool Blue".

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at those earlier on this site:
http://www.suvlights.com/
I guess I'll give it a shot.
Thanks for the advice..

·
Registered
CLK,SLK
1,181 Posts
The Sylvania website has alot of info on them including a bulb fitment guide for all models, and ebay has low prices. There is also talk about PIAA bulbs on here. I have the Silverstars. Do a search for the word there is alot of discussion on the subject. I was just looking at an older Benz with the PIAAs they look BRIGHT. Here's are two opinons from this site on the SilverStars.

So today I was bored right, and i'm thinking.. Hmm, those headlights are really yellow. Lets find something nicer :).. So I goto my nearest Autozone, and get myself some of the new Sylvannia silverstar(?) I think they're called? .. theyre in a plastic box like thing. Anyway, they are OBNOXIOUSLY bright. They're a grayish/blueish/white color, very HID looking. Anyway, they look awesome, and it was only about 40 dollars for the pair. I suggest you get some :)

Silverstar Lights

I agree, I put Silverstars in my 1990 300E a few months ago and they work great. There is a noticable difference in the brightness and the distance over the stock bulbs. Plus they look great. I have tried other brands of "cool white/blue, etc. bulbs" in other cars and trucks and noticed what others have stated, the bulbs look brighter, but you cant see as well or as far when driving. For my money, the Silverstars are the way to go.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=243776&posts=29&hl=silverstar

1 - 4 of 4 Posts