Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
06 SL55
58 Posts
six days is probably the minimum amount of time you'd need for that distance to enjoy it (3000 miles / 6 day= 500 mi a day avg, @70 mph about 7 hrs of driving a day). i'd add a day or three if i could (there's a lot to see and love in this great land of ours). if not, i'd probably have it shipped.

i used DAS- www.dasautoshippers.com to ship my 91 saab from chicago to los angeles. it was $448 terminal to terminal (add $150 at each end if you want door-to-door service). they got the car to LA quickly & safely and have online tracking of the vehicle updated every 15 minutes or so. they have online quotes and the prices can fluctuate greatly hour by hour so if you don't like a quote, wait awhile and ask for another quote. i did it 3 or 4 times til i hit $448 (it started at $676). btw, all the guys on the saabnet love DAS...

·
Registered
06 SL55
58 Posts
venk
the saab i had DAS ship was a convertible... but i played ignorant and didn't check the box. no one seemed to mind one way or the other. i think it came on an open transport.

i've driven my previous SLK, a 98 230 across country twice (Chi to SF). i found the seats not so good for long distance but overall the drives were pretty pleasant. on a handful of drives from LA to SF, the seats in my 02 32 are an improvement. didn't notice any excessive stonechipping just a lotta bugs...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts