Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 C43 AMG
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post pics if you have them. What size tires are you using on the front and rear? Lowered: yes or no?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1998 C43 AMG
95 Posts
A guy in PA had 19'' BBS. His was lowered about 1.5''. He rubbed like h*ll.

A guy in PA had 19'' BBS. His was lowered about 1.5''. He rubbed like h*ll.

·
Registered
98 C43, 91 LotusElan
12 Posts
19s on a c43

as a fellow bay area driver, i would strongly suggest you think it over whether you want 19s or even 18s on your car. i just got back my front left Carlsson 1/6 today from repair due to a pothole in SF and one in Daly City. even after repair the rim is not exactly true. i am running 18s, with 225/40 8.0s in the front, and 245/35 9.0s in the rear. the rim was bent 7 days after putting it on...the more it rains here, the more potholes will form. i just got back from SF this eve, and found myself not driving enjoying the scenery, but rather looking down in front of me for potholes. fwiw..i am running HR Spring with #5 Shim pads in front, and #3 in the rear. ....in my opinion, aesthetically, you cant beat a larger rim, but there are serious sacrifices when you use them....BTW...just took 18s off my BMW 5 series, sure enough the shop found 1 bent one.

·
Registered
98 C43, 91 LotusElan
12 Posts
19s, c class

oh, by the way, if you plan on 19s or 18s, as Wyatt said, you will rub like hell....granted my car is lowered with HRs, ,,,I had #2 pads in for 2 weeks, and with 18s I could not make U turns in residential areas as my wheel was rubbing in the well.....and yes, my fenders were rolled...

so, if you plan on going ahead, I suggest, rolling the fenders, using #5 pads in front, the rears dont rub much, and by very aware of the roads in front of you

·
Registered
99 C43 AMG
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
c43lotus and wyatt,
thanks for the info. i'm going with the 19's. i only use the car on...

c43lotus and wyatt,
thanks for the info. i'm going with the 19's. i only use the car once, maybe twice a week at the most. never out in the rain. i'm pretty sure i have #2 pads all the way around. would you use #5's in the front, and am i ok with #2's in the rear? i'm also lowered on HR sport springs. is that what you used, lotus? the tires will be 235/35 front & 265/30 rear using 19in mono blocks...8.5 front / 9.5 rear. lotus, where did you get your fenders rolled at and how much was it? thanks again for all your help. BTW-im in the gallery under "W202-4ME AMG" w/ the stock 17's and my brother in laws 18in LM's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts