Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001-W210-CAPRI METALIC BLUE-/ 2002-W210 E300D
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum;
In June the old SOS button is deactivated by MB.
I want to install lojac hooked up to the SOS 'panic button'.
Has anyone done this?
Will it work?

THX
B

·
Registered
'00 S430
269 Posts
No experience here. Why Lojac? I saw a superior product on Discovery's "It takes a thief" that you have installed into the ignition system and you control the operation and tracking.

From any computer at anytime you can see your car and disable it with a few clicks and a password. You can also set it not to start until you enable the ignition from your computer. I don't know who makes it but I saw it installed on a new 7 and a speed boat and it works spectacularly. I don't see how Lojac could beat this product.

·
Registered
97SL500R129, 01ML320W163, 94E320W124 & 93500EW124
2,921 Posts
MRBSMITH said:
Hello Forum;
In June the old SOS button is deactivated by MB.
I want to install lojac hooked up to the SOS 'panic button'.
Has anyone done this?
Will it work?

THX
B
Lojack and SOS (on Star) are entirely different systems.

You don't have to press a bottom to activate Lojack. The unit in your car is always on. If your car is stolen you call the police and provide them with your Lojack number. They would activate their system to be able sense your specific Lojack signal based on your code number. SOS (on star) connects you directly to an operator for assistance.

I heard that the new Lojack system automatically sends signal to the police once your ignition is tampered. There are other sophisticated systems out there that could monitor your car and report to you its status in real time. Or, you can install a cheap lap top, GPS and web cam in your car that would automatically activate (wake up) your home computer or PDA (Blackberry) to let you know of any unusual activities in your car.

After all my research on this, I came to a conclusion that, the simple solution is theft insurance plus Lojack to reduce the insurance premium. And this is what I did.

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
It would be a wiring and bus nightmare, I dont particularly like Tel-Aid but it can track youur car via the GPS, unlock and send out emergency signals for road aid and deployment of crash sensors. They were doing some deals on the retrofit digital reciever.
Paul has some wiring diagrams
Welcome to Paul's MB Info Website

·
Registered
2001-W210-CAPRI METALIC BLUE-/ 2002-W210 E300D
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, Thanks for the great discission

I have not decided what to do as wet,
Ant other ideas?

B

1 - 5 of 5 Posts