Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was thinking about installing some bigger roll bars, and shock tower braces's etc etc... where can i find these...<br> <br> Also who make a chip for a 99 CLK 430 or a reprogramed computer?<br> <br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I changed my sway bars to ones that were 6mm thicker (equal to clk55 in size). We carry the sway bars.<br> <br> There aren't any strut tower braces for the CLK, because it is not the typical strut setup. We are in the process of designing some major chasis strengthening parts.<br> <br> You can get computer chips all over the internet, but I don't recomend any of them. I had one on my car in the past, and before it caused my car to run on 5 out of 8 cylinders, I did not notice much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5 out of 8 cylinders? How did you find out that it was doing that (besides from the loss of power)?

Who was the chip manufacturer?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 5 out of 8 cylinders? How did you find out that it was doing that (besides from the loss o....

Which car did you have it on? your current 430 or another car?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was on my CLK430.

It was pretty easy to determine that it was running on only 5 of 8 because if you listen closely, you can hear each cylinder. Not to mention the fact that the engine was shaking and stalling.<br> <br> To me, it doesn't matter which chip company it was. If you notice, all chip companies tend to post the same gains. That makes me believe that they are all selling the same software. Of course, I could be wrong, but I'd much rather wait until we custom tune the ECU ourselves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts