Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rubber cover on my antenna has went bye-bye. Mercedes does not offer the rubber cover by itself & wants $125 for the antenna cap which includes the rubber cover. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, but I was looking at a performanceproducts.com catalog & thought I would check with them about this part. They are out of stock on the part right now but should be in soon. It's referred to as an antenna repair kit & sells for $40. This is the link: Mercedes® Antenna Repair Kit
That's a lot less than the Mercedes option but this is a part Mercedes should offer to it's customers, & $10 wouldn't be too cheap. Thanks for trying to help out, I do appreciate that.

·
Registered
2001 CLK55 AMG, 2002 C32 AMG
1,637 Posts
i think the new ones did come with the roof mounted antenna. i test drove a 2000 the other day with one. im not sure about those, since i have an older one. it sounds like if you want the rubber your going to have to buy a new one. see if you can order a new one somewhere else other than the dealer, and if you have multiple dealers in your area, shop around. sometimes their prices differ.

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
No, but I was looking at a performanceproducts.com catalog & thought I would check with them about this part. They are out of stock on the part right now but should be in soon. It's referred to as an antenna repair kit & sells for $40. This is the link: Mercedes® Antenna Repair Kit
That's a lot less than the Mercedes option but this is a part Mercedes should offer to it's customers, & $10 wouldn't be too cheap. Thanks for trying to help out, I do appreciate that.
Hi, where do you live? In the US I have never seen this antenna type and was under the impression that pre-facelift 202's have a standard antenna, and facelifted models like mine have no visible antenna. Is it accurate that your car is a 2000 model year? Thanks, just really curious about this.

·
Registered
'99 2.3L Kompressor
1,944 Posts
Only year 2000 had the roof mount antenna for the on-star type of system. You used to be able to buy those rubber tips on ebay but it sounds like people have already pointed you there.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
2000 C280 Sport 60,000K
30 Posts
My 2000 cell antenna cover also blew off in the wind. I ended up cutting a piece of black fuel line hose to length and slipped over it like a glove. I also used black silicone to seal the end.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Sorry it took so long to check back. Here is a picture of my antenna. I live in Kentucky. The car was originally purchased (not by me) in KY. It was manufactured in 01/00. Yeah, I'm also considering gluing on a vinyl or rubber cover over the antenna part.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 C280, 2000 C280, 2000 C230K,2011 C300
645 Posts
Sorry it took so long to check back. Here is a picture of my antenna. I live in Kentucky. The car was originally purchased (not by me) in KY. It was manufactured in 01/00. Yeah, I'm also considering gluing on a vinyl or rubber cover over the antenna part.

Great find! Hopefully they will get them back in stock. It will save us $100! I have the same problem with my 2000 C280. The dealer no longer just sells the rubber part that goes over the antenna. They force you to buy the plastic cap (silver in the picture) for a total of $150. $40 ain't no bargain either but it is better than $150.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts