Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i have an auto antenna on my 240D, but it is broken off, and i dont want to spend the $$ to replace it. I have a manual antenna, but the instructions are in another language and i have no clue how to put the manual one in, or get the old one out. Should i just take it to someone who knows, or is it easy enough that i can figure out?

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Always Remembered RIP
520 Posts
Where is your antenna located?
Here in the UK they there on the rear wing/fender.
If so,...

Where is your antenna located?
Here in the UK they there on the rear wing/fender.
If so, remove the plastic moulding from inside the boot/trunk (fixed in place with several of those little plastic rivets), then you see the unit. You'll need a couple of open end spanners, one for the inside to hold it in place and one for the nut on the mast. The motor's held in place with a couple of bolts as well which will need removing, and for reference the other motor near the hinge is for the electric sun-roof if fitted. Fitting the new is the reversal but you may need to swap some of the fitments to make it a better fit. Also whilst you have the plastic mouldings out the boot its worth painting the well with under-seal or old oil as it's a known water trap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.