Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a new antenna in my 300te. It involved cutting some 1989 wires and adapting them to 2005 plug. I did EXACTLY as instructed. When you push the plug into the antenna, one can hear the antenna motor engage, and visually see the antenna mast retract (since it is already retracted, it is visible about 1/32"). No way can I get the mast to go UP. The switch on the dash is ineffective, the radio, on/ off ineffective. Any clues???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't know about your specific problem but here are some ideas. Start at 3, then 2, 1

Try working the antenna "remotely".

1. Can you sort out the ground wire in the antenna wiring?
If so, make sure it's grounded and apply power to the other wires, one at a time. Any success here will tell you which wires to look for upstream.

2. Check for an inline fuse at or near the radio. Bad antenna may have taken the fuse out.

3. Check to see if you have power on any of the antenna wires when expected - switch up or radio on.

Hope this helps.

Jiii

·
Registered
31 Posts
I recently had my antenna replaced when I bought a new radio. The installer bi-passed the manual dash swith beacuse he said it was so much simpler (faster=cheeper)to run the control wire from the radio. It's so nice to have a modern radio with CD player. We replaces all the speakers except the one in the doors. They were disconnected.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts