·
Registered
1982 300CD|1998 GMC Sierra 2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel|2008 Chevy Cobalt 2.2L DD
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
That car's been passed around more than, well, you get the idea. :)

It's one story after another. Just assume the car is a worthless P.O.S, and at best you can steal some parts from it that have not been thrashed.

It's the worst possible car for a project, in my opinion. The story is awful, and I am sure you are getting only 1/10th of the real story!

·
Registered
89 SL RENNtech / 89 AMG 560 SEC
241 Posts
123 Amg?

yet another story-- wonder what kind of property he's going to buy in Vegas with his $ 2900.00

the car is a complete P O S

·
Registered
E320
2,798 Posts
isn't that the same car that's supposed to be a genuine AMG? the one where i sent him an email and bitched him out? sure looks like it.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SLK 320 for sport, 1999 C 280 for utility
37 Posts
Straight from da hood! Painted with a spray can or two. Dis car is da bomb! Magical invisible front bumper, very rare. Coptronic system has a short in it somewhere and only the front bumper is invisible instead of the whole car. Easy to fix. Runs like a chimp! I mean champ!

I need the money to invest in AZ oceanfront property, or some more of those cool mushrooms.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts

·
Registered
E320
2,798 Posts
here's what i sent him.. i think my offer is really pushing it though. :D

hey there scott! remember me? i replied to your ad about the gorgeous AMG mercedes you had for sale on craigslist. i noticed you have it up for sale on ebay now.. well, i've been in the market for a genuine AMG W126 and i'm willing to make you a generous offer!

$20.00 USD

i have the cash on me right now. just let me know when i can swing by and pick it up, k. i'll be sure to bring a squad of technicians to restore everything since the car is totally beat to shit. i really hope i'm not getting swindled out of my $20, cause i'm sortta wondering what part of the car is manufactured by AMG... hmmm.. hope i don't have to report this to ebay. they don't take kindly to your type (con-artists). and yes, you are a fabulous artist. not many people have the imagination you do to dream of such intricate lies ^_^

·
Registered
1990 W126 300SE - High Mileage Award
995 Posts
I wonder if you could just buy it, insure it, and drive it into a wall for profit?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
300se126 said:
I wonder if you could just buy it, insure it, and drive it into a wall for profit?
You could, but after the airbag does not deploy and you lose all your teeth, I am sure you'd find out that:

"The made-up jealous mother of the pretend girlfriend of the imaginary Denver Bronco's star player removed the airbag to try and get revenge for her pretend daughter's imaginary boyfriend's (husband's) cheating ways."

·
Registered
1990 W126 300SE - High Mileage Award
995 Posts
Of course I would place a brick on the accelerator and lock the wheel to the brake pedal with the Club! No risk of damage to me then, just the car! Naturally, I could insure it for WAY over book by showing my agent that the car was formerly owned by the waterboy for the Denver Broncos. Oh, what fun I could have.

·
Registered
1985 500 SEC, 2005 E320
1,294 Posts
not original AMG. almost sure of it. I doubt it has anything AMG on it other than the hacked rear bumper, and the AMG rear wing. It really gets me. these guys when they try to sell an SEC, they throw a couple of AMG parts on it and Call it an AMG. IF, I ever sell mine, I wouldn't be stupid enough to call it an AMG unless I had at least 50% of the Real, AMG mods done.
Pass on it. Run away like the car was a fire victim.

·
Registered
E320
2,798 Posts
DarkOneSK said:
not original AMG. almost sure of it. I doubt it has anything AMG on it other than the hacked rear bumper, and the AMG rear wing. It really gets me. these guys when they try to sell an SEC, they throw a couple of AMG parts on it and Call it an AMG. IF, I ever sell mine, I wouldn't be stupid enough to call it an AMG unless I had at least 50% of the Real, AMG mods done.
Pass on it. Run away like the car was a fire victim.

keep in mind, back when 126s were new, mercedes didn't sell AMG models. and AMG didn't sell mercedes models. so, technically there is no such thing as a 500SEC AMG. you can call anything AMG if you want but generally it's not considered genuine unless the AMG mods were done by AMG in germany.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
NüR-SPEC said:
keep in mind, back when 126s were new, mercedes didn't sell AMG models. and AMG didn't sell mercedes models. so, technically there is no such thing as a 500SEC AMG. you can call anything AMG if you want but generally it's not considered genuine unless the AMG mods were done by AMG in germany.
Yes and no.

Mercedes dealers sometimes would sell AMG parts, especially if they were near an AMG facility and had a good working relationship. But typically they'd point you to the closest AMG facility or authorized reseller/installer. You're correct in that Mercedes did not sell entire AMG-modified cars complete as new.

But AMG often did sell entire cars, new, complete with AMG mods, in addition to just selling or selling/installing parts. I had one of those cars, where they bought a new 560SEC from a Benz dealer for $80K, installed body kit/wheels/suspension/6.0 DOHC engine/custom interior/etc, and then resold the entire package, including the car, as new to the customer for $202,000. So AMG was happy to do just about anything for money (except kill people), up to and including customizing and selling the entire car, not just their modifications to it.

And the definition of "a real AMG car" was a loose at best. I think to many of us, if the car went to an AMG facility, either in Germany, Japan, North America, etc. and had extensive modifications done, it's an "authentic AMG car". Especially if it comes with paperwork showing the mods were done by AMG themselves.

But then, is it a real AMG car if it went to AMG of North America and only had wheels/tires/suspension? What about if it got exhaust and bodykit? Or is it only engine mods that count? What about if it went to an authorized AMG reseller/installer like Bruce Canepa Motorsports in Santa Cruz and got extensive AMG modifications including headers, cams, exhaust, etc and was documented as such? Is that a real AMG car?

It's kind of a moving target.

·
Registered
1985 500 SEC, 2005 E320
1,294 Posts
NüR-SPEC said:
or AMG in the US. there were many companies authorized to do AMG mods in the 80's. Mainly in CA. and, as stated above, AMG did buy cars, mod them ands sell them as new as seen in this original AMG poster. I purchased this poster from Ebay and it does indeed look authentic. Knowing quite a bit about printing myself, If this is a forgery, it was a damn good one. I had it sent out for airtight framing and UV protected glass.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts