Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108CDI Vito, 1996 Fireblade, 1978 Dresda Honda CR750
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished my tailgate conversion this evening. It took ~3hrs start to finish and was not a difficult job. Makes the van look sooo much smoother and nicer. Got colour coded bumper and smoothed/debadged tailgate on so I am well happy now.
If anyone wants a pair of good condition barn doors inc all fittings and bumper pm me as my old ones are now for sale. They are in primer ready to paint if anyone is interested. Pics to follow of the tailgate and a few tips/tricks to make it all a bit easier.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm waiting for my appointment to remove the badges and give my tailgate a clean look.

Could you please post up some pictures of yours? Did you remove the Mercedes Benz star and Vito L ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I tig welded up the holes and smoothed over with a thin coat of stopper then sprayed to match everything else. Pics coming tomorrow. If anyone is in the Staffordshire area and wants anything like this doing give me a shout.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a small dent right hand side of the plate, you can't really see it, but I'm going to fix that, cover the badge holes and respray the half up to window then whole spray the finish layer of it... going to be awesome! looking forward to see your pictures!

·
Registered
213 Posts
It looks good really. But I have window back there, so it gives it another look. How many seats do you got in your van?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
6 in there at the moment. But will be 5 soon from w220 s class

·
Registered
213 Posts
I back in time did wonder if I should buy a windowless tailgate. That is well the best way to tint the rear window :D

But however... I'm afraid it will ruin the whole look from the side. Do you got windows on the side? All the way?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No only on the side doors. When I get more time I'll post up some pics from side etc. (needs a clean 1st tho) ;-)

·
Registered
Vito 112CDI 99', BMW 325TDS Touring 96', Suz' SV650S 03', RS50 01' big bore, RS125 00'
26 Posts
Sweet! Nice job Dangerstevie.

Is the lock by any chance the same as the barn door's? I'd like to fit a tailgate but they all seem to come without it.

Cheers

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The lock barrel is the same, the handle & lock mech is different tho.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts