Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 ml350 4matic vin 4jgbb86e48a364511
Found water in the bottom of the trunk right side. And on the sam. Left rear tail lights stay on. I removed the sam disassembled and cleaned the board. Removed and replace the tail light gaskets. The light still stays on.

So I'm assuming the rear sam is bad. Can anyone recommend a shop that can repair a sam. Or give me the compatible part numbers.

I found one on ebay but the guy send it wasn't the right one 20190602_115944.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,711 Posts
The part #164 545 61 16 that you posted, is that your original SAM?

If so, it is no longer in the M/B data base. According to your vin# the correct SAM is 164 540 22 01.. I have already checked ebay and there are none available.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. And cleaned the light corrosion I found with rubbing alcohol and a tooth brush

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the help. You save me a bunch of money. I was able to find one on the internet for 270. Installed it and everything works fine. I didnt even need to have it programmed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
2 Participants
43sqd
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing