Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks, but you'll have to forgive me, I'm a bit of an amatuer when it comes to some of these parts. What is the load leveling? Also I might as well ask while I am here. Do you know where I can find a block heater for the 79 300 td? It seems to have a bit of a hard time starting cold.I've called a few bone yards in my area, but so far unsuccessful, I dont think many people in utah bought mercedes in the late 70's. I hear I can spreay a bit of ether in the carb??? Any tips?

·
Registered
83 300TD/97 E320/98 SL500
105 Posts
Some answers

1. The 300TD uses a hydraulic leveling suspension in the rear- the air cells are the first to go and when they do, you get the feeling that you need new rear shocks.

2. You can find the block heater from an online parts store, I think about $40-50 new. If you're starting in cold weather you can also try a couple of things- fire the glow plugs twice before starting, or fire once and wait ~10-15 seconds before cranking, but you probably knew this already =)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl. If I can just get it running I think I will keep this car as my main source of loco. Do you know of any good part stores online?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.