Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4Sale: 230G, U1200 Ag, 1017A, lots of MB cars, Volvo c303, 416 raildoka, LR D110 TDi
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a U1250VL that I have been working on for Todd (coachconverter), and it is going to "I'mjustdave" when it is finished. Just a few finishing touches to the mechanics and it will be ready to roll.

Cheers,
Ben

Attachments

·
Registered
4Sale: 230G, U1200 Ag, 1017A, lots of MB cars, Volvo c303, 416 raildoka, LR D110 TDi
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The VL designation is for the axles and frame bracing from the best I can tell, the axles are much heavier than what would normally be under a 1250, and the frame is double plated from the cab back to the rear axle.

Cheers,
ben

·
Registered
U1600AG + a LR 90
995 Posts
The VL designation is for the axles and frame bracing from the best I can tell, the axles are much heavier than what would normally be under a 1250, and the frame is double plated from the cab back to the rear axle.

Cheers,
ben
so it will be like a u1650 but with 12## engine.

a bit like [email protected]'s u1000 which has much heavier axles & double plated from the cab back to the rear axle - so is like a u1600 with a u1000 engine http://www.benzworld.org/forums/unimog/1345045-back.html

·
Registered
Sold .....1987 U1250 Unimog
1,005 Posts
I see how you are Ben .... Showing off my Truck.... :) speaking of driving how does it drive ?

Latter
David

·
Registered
U140 , U900 , 419 SEE
1,088 Posts
Hi Ben,

What was the outcome of that rusty chassis. I have dealings with todd, and i remember him pointing out that chassis rust behind the cab or so and thinking it would have to be dealt with properly, to accommodate the weight and torque of those axles. So was there any Fab work or cutting torch work done on it? it looks like a huge sandbox toy! also, is that a fabricated bed for the xframe? good job

·
Registered
U1300l
292 Posts
The frame was actually very solid and nearly twice as thick as a standard 1250, even with the surface rust removed. This model truck has a double frame, sandwiched together, but not welded together, so debris and water could get between them. It cleaned up very nicely though, I wouldn't be afraid to park a train car on it! :)

For the record, I was at Ben's today, to see it before it left for WA state, and must say that Ben does amazing work. This truck is easily one of the baddest trucks in the country!

Todd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts