Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 E320 4matic wagon; 1979 450 SL
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 2007 E 350 wagon.Owner said he had all brake lines replaced at Meineke!, anyway since then has had a pulsing in brakes. Mechanic told him he needed a tool that he did not have. I am assuming this would be a pressure bleeder. Do you think there is air in the lines and I can fix this with a pressure bleed, or does it sound like something more complicated. Car has low miles and is clean, and other than the pulsing brakes seems very nice..... Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you,for the speedy reply. You don't think it could be something more serious like ABS pump? He says it was fine till he had brake lines replaced. I was just reading through Carfax and it was serviced at the dealer till 2015. Thanks

·
Registered
87 300D 5 speed
5,292 Posts
Looking at a 2007 E 350 wagon.Owner said he had all brake lines replaced at Meineke!, anyway since then has had a pulsing in brakes. Mechanic told him he needed a tool that he did not have. I am assuming this would be a pressure bleeder. Do you think there is air in the lines and I can fix this with a pressure bleed, or does it sound like something more complicated. Car has low miles and is clean, and other than the pulsing brakes seems very nice..... Thanks
No, pulsing brakes is not caused by bad brake fluid or air bubbles. The brake rotors are warped.

·
Premium Member
'71 Pinto
4,207 Posts
Owner said he had all brake lines replaced at Meineke!, anyway since then has had a pulsing in brakes. Mechanic told him he needed a tool that he did not have.
Going on statement problem did not exist prior to line replacement and tech made tool reference. FYI brake shudder felt through steering wheel = front brake discs, brake pedal = rear discs. Think it best to have an independent take a look visually, etc.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Going on statement problem did not exist prior to line replacement and tech made tool reference. FYI brake shudder felt through steering wheel = front brake discs, brake pedal = rear discs. Think it best to have an independent take a look visually, etc.
I bought the car.driving home i could feel the pulsing in brake pedal, but not in the steering wheel. So,I will pursue the air/ abs, avenue. Thank you to all. I'll let you know how I make out. Any other suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
87 300D 5 speed
5,292 Posts
I bought the car.driving home i could feel the pulsing in brake pedal, but not in the steering wheel. So,I will pursue the air/ abs, avenue. Thank you to all. I'll let you know how I make out. Any other suggestions are welcome.
The rotors can be warped without any steering wheel vibration. Put a micrometer on the rotors and spin them.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The rotors can be warped without any steering wheel vibration. Put a micrometer on the rotors and spin them.
Good call,it was the rotors.Replaced them yesterday. But,it gave me a good excuse to buy a Motive power bleeder, so I'm all set to do a flush whenever I like. Thanks...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts