Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Black 560 SEC AMG, White 560 SEC Carat (RIP 09) , 300E
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with deep sadness/sorrow i announce the SEC population is -1, goodbye old girl i'll miss you.. :(

In happier times:

·
Registered
1986 Euro 300SEL
2,151 Posts
What happened? Was she totaled? That looks like a gen2 with AMG bits? Anything worth salvaging? So sorry to hear.

·
Registered
1985 500 SEC EURO AMG/LORINSER; 1988 560SEL, 1995 S500 Sonderschutz
3,680 Posts
Wow. Gorgeous car. Sorry to see her go. Looks like you had some rear end damage? What's the verdict on that?

·
Registered
1982 280 se aut. ecc. - sold
1,607 Posts
Ouch. What happened?

gr J

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
What happened? Was she totaled? That looks like a gen2 with AMG bits? Anything worth salvaging? So sorry to hear.

My goodness. Already the AMG hawks are circling with their wings out. LOLZ (j/k)

·
Registered
1985 500 SEC EURO AMG/LORINSER; 1988 560SEL, 1995 S500 Sonderschutz
3,680 Posts
CAW CAW Can I have ur stuffs? CAW

·
Premium Member
UNIMOG
1,036 Posts
LOL...

·
Registered
1982 500SL AMG "Darmstadt Branch"
1,100 Posts
I hope you or anyone else were not hurt...sorry to hear of this.

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe - RIP
10,014 Posts
Hope you are not hurt.

I am soooo Sorry for your loss -

Dibs on the side marker lights. And the Euro Wipers & Arms.

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe - RIP
10,014 Posts
What year was that? 91? ASR?

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Elantra, 2005 Chrysler Town & Country, 1999 GMC Yukon
1,660 Posts
As AWFUL as seeing those first two pics are, I couldn't help laughing at the calousness of our dear freinds here on the 126 forum. Picture hyenas tearing apart a freshly killed carcass...

I'll admit that one of my first thoughts was "I wonder if that trunk spoiler made it", but I decided that asking about that so soon would be tactless, at best. If it were my car, and the vultures started circling so soon, I would be MAJORLY PISSED, and would give BenzWorld a final [email protected]$% YOU as I left.

Think about it - that car looks like it was near perfect! Now it's parts. I would be heartbroken if it were my car. Not a good time to try to capitalize on this terrible accident.

·
Premium Member
Daily: 2000 Kleemann Supercharged CLK 430. Seductress: 1988 Jap AMG SEC Widebody
1,201 Posts
A truly sad day. There's a lot of emotion tied up in our cars. :(

·
Registered
'84 500 SEC Euro 040 black Lorinser 2005 sl500
2,516 Posts
Hope you are ok! It looks like you got hit very hard by something big. And it looks to be your Carat? So sad to see that.

Again, hope all involved are good. I agree with Dimm. It's like someone you barely know coming to a loved ones funeral and asking if you will give away the rest of the loved one's clothes after the funeral is over. Shame on us.

Greg

·
Registered
1988 300ce, 1987 560sel, 1980 280ce, 1978 6.9 AMG
152 Posts
Hope everyone is ok. Sorry about your merc, hopefully you can replace it with something just as nice.

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,289 Posts
Kind of a bad picture, but it looks like something really bad happened to the rear end of your SEC. :(

Hope you're OK and that you'll be able to locate a suitable replacement.

·
Registered
Black 560 SEC AMG, White 560 SEC Carat (RIP 09) , 300E
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi guys, a year ago the cruise control failed and the car kept accelerating and wont stop...it happened again but i was into a 3 hr drive and a bit tired. Last time i turned the ignition off, but this time i panicked. There were trees on my side of the road so i decided to ditch it on the other side, hit a few little posts, as i hit the grass/shrubs it spun back onto my side of the road and the back end hit a tree. Im ok thanks guys but very sad to lose her, i was going to restore her next year too. Just glad it hit the back. My door was damaged as well and I can smell gas so I assume the fuel tank was damaged too. I was suprised no glass shattered.

I insured it for $30k AUD so got the cheque yesterday, they gave me an option to keep the wreck but I have no place to keep it and it'll be too painful to keep just bits of her. For all you aussies keep an eye out for parts soon, the car's only done 80k miles. So engine is tip top, it's got carat rear spoiler and steering wheel and the dash is covered with leather. Of course amg pentas...anyway still got my black amg sec, but will keep an eye out for another!!

·
Registered
1987 420 SEL Artic White, 1987 260E (RIP), 1993 190E, 1987 560 SEL Artic White (parts)
461 Posts
Man, that's terrible; I hope every one was okay. I'm truly sorry to hear about your SEC. You guys know I really dig the white ones. Axel, Hunter, 560SEC, and Sam have the best sec's looking sec's on the site. IMHO!!.... Johnhef, I do have to give you props; your's is the toughest looking one, but it would look sweet, white. Again, IMHO As long as each occupant walked away from the SEC, it has done it's job!!! Man these are great cars. :bowdown:

Sheldon

1 - 20 of 36 Posts