Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined. Picked up a pretty nice '93 300D from a friend of mine on Friday. Wanted a car that could get good fuel mileage, was solid, looked good, comfy, etc. The W124 was always my favorite of the more recent Mercedes models and the price was right, so it was a no brainer.

The car is in good condition overall and only has 140K on it. The interior has few flaws (and they are very minor) and it seems to be mechanically sound. I mostly just had to deal with dirt and leaves. It was a mess. I've been detailing it for the last three days...seriously. The exterior is a little rough. It's straight and everything, but the paint is cracked quite badly along the top. Because I practically stole the car from my friend, I am taking it in for new paint next week.

I'm going to have quite a few questions, I'm sure. Hopefully everyone here will be patient with my noobness!

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
52,804 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Eric! I've been busy this past week diving into Mercedes projects and learning about this marvelous machine! My friend isn't going to recognize his old car when he sees it next time! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts