Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
320Cdi 560SEL S500
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

I'm a newbie to this forum but not to the site as I normally visit the W140 section as my 560SEL has been stored away for some time.

I now have her back on the road and all is good except that I am experiencing some small(ish) problems which I hope the remedies are in the back catelogue of threads/posts somewhere!!

Jon

·
Registered
1988 Mercedes Benz 420SEL 258,000 miles (SOLD) 1991 300se 168,000 miles, ASR 1999 GMC Yukon 192,000
1,376 Posts
got anymore pics of your car? look stunning

·
Registered
320Cdi 560SEL S500
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Third! Nice looking car.

What are the small issues you are having?
The small issues are as follows...

1. When warm, and driving along the car hunts/hesitates at exactly 1500rpm...if I blip the throttle all is ok!?! - this started about 2-3 years ago, but the hunting has got more pronounced as time has passed - the wiring to/from the idle control valve looks a little hard/brittle...

2. When cold, I select 'D' it feels like I haven't selected a gear until I give a bit of encouragement with the throttle - just needs a bit of blip again...when warm, all is ok!? Now it is about 1oC here at the moment - so I don't know if that has anything to do with it - but I don't remember it being an issue before. Fluid level is within the marks on the dip stick - Question...Do I check this when the fluid is hot or cold though?

3. Cruise control doesn't work - so I’m presuming, the actuator, amplifer, or stalk is the issue there..? I never used it, and its only because of the 140 that i was curious to use it - but it doesn't work...

4. 2 issues with heating...the 1st is that when turning the dial to direct the air flow, I never get any in my foot well - and its cold at the moment! the 2nd one is that if I select 18oC at start up all ok - if I increase he temp nothing happens, until the engine stops and restarts then the heat comes?

5. the driver’s seat switch needs replacing as some functions work on occasion – the memory option is fine though, I have a replacement that i will swap over when I get some time to myself.

Other items I need to do, or finish off are...

1. To fit the AMG springs in the rear (been in the boot/trunk for 2 years!)
2. Source a decent LSD - 2.47 or 2.65???
3. Fit the braided brake lines
4. I need to move the oil cooler back as per SEC, as I haven't fitted the drivers side fog light yet...(still!)

To make matters a little worse, my wish list is growing again (which is not good!) :rolleyes:

Pictures to follow...

·
Registered
320Cdi 560SEL S500
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello fellow Englisher :) Pretty car, i second the pics request.. :)
I need to take some fresh ones so please bare with me...!

The last one is pre CKS quad exhaust fitment..

Attachments

·
Registered
320Cdi 560SEL S500
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
4. you probably need to replace the duovalve seal.
5, the seat switch sounds like it needs cleaning.

Welcome to the 126 pages...
Many thanks for the welcome :)

Where do I find the duovalve and its seal?

·
Registered
320Cdi 560SEL S500
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where do you find those projector headlamps?
I got them from eBay - either CrazyTheGod or Shopking is the seller...

I got them over 2 years ago and they made them specially with the 2 halos with projectors as they only did them with 1 halo and projector at the time - they work as good as the OEMs, but I need to have a look inside as the left one shakes a bit - so I might be reverting back to the OEMs if there is some breakage inside.

I remember they were the only seller to provide them in RHD, all the others are on eBay are US/Euro LHD versions - and as a bonus they don't mist up as I have heard others do...

·
Slightly creased
2015 ML 400 x 2
16,613 Posts
Many thanks for the welcome :)

Where do I find the duovalve and its seal?
do a search on monovalve, many write ups and the process is the same - the monovalve is for the auto climate control, the duovalve is for the split HVAC system. It is between the windscreen and firewall but there are write ups with pics...

·
Registered
320Cdi 560SEL S500
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do a search on monovalve, many write ups and the process is the same - the monovalve is for the auto climate control, the duovalve is for the split HVAC system. It is between the windscreen and firewall but there are write ups with pics...
Many thanks for that - I will have a look in the next few days - work permitting! :(

I should have known that one really as I had a duo valve unit go on my W140...D'oh!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts