Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen, I just had a guy from the States call me, enquiring about my U1300L for sale. He seemed genuine and wants to build a camper. He is from the vicinity of Lake Michigan. I directed him to this forum, I hope I sold the forum well, I told him he would find a friendly welcome and a wealth of knowledge. I hope he says hello to me when he has joined. So will he find a U1300L stateside? are there any to be had at the moment? or will he be coming back to me for my fine example? (I have still got the Russian from Latvia coming to look at it on the 8th December and 2 things can happen, either I,ll still have a Unimog or there will be a Russian guy heading home with a super truck and I,ll be a step closer to a 4x4 tractor and a Unimog 411).

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gentlemen, please welcome 'sonnybrite' he is looking for a U1300L to convert to a camper and as much information that will make unimog ownership as painless an operation as we can give him. I,m sure he will tell us what kind of journeys he intends to make in his camper as we go along. It will be an interesting project to follow, I hope he has the time to post pics along the way as things progress.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Tell him to contact TREY on this board. He is in GA. He has a 1300L with an OD that needs some love.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Need to move it... It doesn't need anything but a driver. New air-compressor, new Michelins, fresh fluids, new seats, Overdrive done by my friends at Eurotruck in '06. Ready to roll.
my number is 478-two38-0074

Attachments

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
hope this wasn't meant to be a for sale post. . . . . :nono:

(just kidding)
(and padding my post count :thumbsup:)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HiTrey...... I PMd sonnybrite to tell him about your Mog for sale, I don,t know what time it is your side of the world? but it is late evening here, expect contact from him when it is daytime I guess. He contacted me over my U1300L ad on 'Agri Affaires', so it is a U1300L he is after...yours has at least the O/D so may go further to meet his requirements, Lol it is also on the same continent..... Over to you Sonnybrite.

·
Registered
27 Posts
bloke you can't leave it alone Bless your heart. Sorry you can't understand the positives it gives a "lowly" <grin> naturally aspirated truck (how ya like that?). I won't even try to explain the endless options in gearing it gives the truck again.

KC- you've come a loong way with me with this gesture. the guy has already called. THANKS!

I've enjoyed Mog ownership since '98. Started with an AG 406, shaeff backhoe and Case dozer blade. Worked the hell out of that truck, thanks to Chris Elliott and Sean Philyaw for keeping me in biz. Spent years on the old Ed Runner mail list and met many creditable long time moggers that i keep in touch with and visit. We drive our mogs more. We spend MUCH less time on forums all day. I'll definitely stop in occasionally and continue to chuckle at the newcomers thoughts and input all the while wondering why soo much time is spent on the computer posting and jibber jabbin...check out Mogstink for some no nonsense approach to sharing our passion of the Unimog. It works.
Trey
(down in Dixieland, at sea level)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts